How much would you pay for this track bike? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

How much would you pay for this track bike?

I have been looking for a second bike for track only.

My question is, what would you pay for this? It's pretty much bone stock with a salvage title. I am debating on waiting till the end of the season. Just thought there may be others with some insight or experience with bikes and salvage titles. He said the salvage title is from a low slide at the track. To risky?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:12 AM
GET OVER IT

Bike: '08 R6
If ur nearby-it doesn't hurt to look. If there's any frame damage-I'd stay away.

~ R6BLONDIE ~
That Yamaha...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:13 AM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6
Re: How much would you pay for this track bike?

I sold my previous 08 with some more goodies and ~5k miles on it for $4500, so I'd say ~$3800 or under with salvage title and no street bodywork or other track goodies included

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6rammy View Post
I sold my previous 08 with some more goodies and ~5k miles on it for $4500, so I'd say ~$3800 or under with salvage title and no street bodywork or other track goodies included
This is more in the lines what I was thinking. He seems pretty firm on his price. He initially had it at $5,000
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius

Id say $3500 or find something else.

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Id say $3500 or find something else.

I was close to buying the 848 Hayden this weekend. He wanted $10, 500 with 1160 miles on it. I didn't realize the insurance bumped up double though. It was hard to pass up on.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgossel View Post
I was close to buying the 848 Hayden this weekend. He wanted $10, 500 with 1160 miles on it. I didn't realize the insurance bumped up double though. It was hard to pass up on.
Thats about what I paid for mine with 509 miles on it. I finally broke 600... Its a pretty sweet bike, but only if you ride it like you hate it, otherwise you realize how much it sucks for 85% of your riding.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Thats about what I paid for mine with 509 miles on it. I finally broke 600... Its a pretty sweet bike, but only if you ride it like you hate it, otherwise you realize how much it sucks for 85% of your riding.

My buddy has the same one (EVO) and said the same thing. He abuses his though. I was just going to get one for tooling around and by the sound of it, it would be more painful than enjoyable.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgossel View Post

My buddy has the same one (EVO) and said the same thing. He abuses his though. I was just going to get one for tooling around and by the sound of it, it would be more painful than enjoyable.
Yeah, its a horrible around town fcuk off bike. Just the seat firmness and rear header right under your sack is enough to turn you off.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

One day I will get one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in