Riding school in NC - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
I trailride with my R6

Riding school in NC

Does anyone know of a good motorcycle class in NC? I need to learn how to corner properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 07:23 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6
Re: Riding school in NC

good first post
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MSF courses are offered in just about every state. Check for motorcycle safety foundation certified schools in your area.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 08:43 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: '04 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingdongsilver View Post
Does anyone know of a good motorcycle class in NC? I need to learn how to corner properly.
welcome and here you go, bauce:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
I trailride with my R6

Thanks for the suggestions although I am more interested in doing track days and am looking for a course that is track oriented as opposed to street riding.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 09:07 PM
#KeepPounding

Bike: 2007 R6

What part of NC? Have you checked out VIR I believe they have track school.

-07' Team Yamaha Blue R6 "Carmen"
-18' Toyota 4Runner ORP "?"
-08' Nissan Xterra Off-Road "Katrina"
-93' Ford F-150 sitting on 35's "Sandra"
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
I trailride with my R6

I'm north of Charlotte. Thanks for the info, I'm going to check into whether there are some classes at VIR.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 02:03 AM
#KeepPounding

Bike: 2007 R6

Quote:
I'm north of Charlotte. Thanks for the info, I'm going to check into whether there are some classes at VIR.
Oh yeah? Im North of Charlotte in Statesville. Also check out Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC i believe. I know they do track days there as well. Nothing actually in NC that I personally know of.

-07' Team Yamaha Blue R6 "Carmen"
-18' Toyota 4Runner ORP "?"
-08' Nissan Xterra Off-Road "Katrina"
-93' Ford F-150 sitting on 35's "Sandra"
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 06:33 AM
WTF?

Bike: '06 R6

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions although I am more interested in doing track days and am looking for a course that is track oriented as opposed to street riding.
Look up Cornerspeed. They have a quality schools and you can attain a race license if you want. I will likely be finally attending their school this summer. I know several guys who have done their school and nothing but good reviews. They are based out of Charlotte so you can't get closer than that.

California Superbike School will be attending VIR if they haven't already.

Team Pro Motion has track days at CMP and VIR and if memory serves, outside of the level one class (which is included in your membership) , you can pay to have a one on one instructor for a little more.

If your already comfortable riding at speed at want to try the track, NESBA frequents VIR and does some CMP days. The beginners class has people riding slower than commuters all the way to guys turning descent laps. The Control Riders will give you loads of help if you ask and listen. You can learn more there in an afternoon than you know now.

If you don't have leathers, several of the above listed places will rent you gear. The supply is usually limited so reserve it way in advance.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 06:39 AM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Bike: FZR-1K, R1, Vmax, R6

+1 on Cornerspeed. I've done Cornerspeed Level 1 and Cornerspin (roadracing techniques on a dirt track). Enjoyed both and learned a lot.

Aaron's school is accredited with several racing organizations, and once you have your diploma you can apply for a racing license or a provisional racing license. His school and staff are top notch.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
05 V-Max 0098/2000 20th Anniversary
04 Roadstar Warrior

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
I trailride with my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto1320 View Post
Look up Cornerspeed. They have a quality schools and you can attain a race license if you want. I will likely be finally attending their school this summer. I know several guys who have done their school and nothing but good reviews. They are based out of Charlotte so you can't get closer than that.

California Superbike School will be attending VIR if they haven't already.

Team Pro Motion has track days at CMP and VIR and if memory serves, outside of the level one class (which is included in your membership) , you can pay to have a one on one instructor for a little more.

If your already comfortable riding at speed at want to try the track, NESBA frequents VIR and does some CMP days. The beginners class has people riding slower than commuters all the way to guys turning descent laps. The Control Riders will give you loads of help if you ask and listen. You can learn more there in an afternoon than you know now.

If you don't have leathers, several of the above listed places will rent you gear. The supply is usually limited so reserve it way in advance.
This is some great info and is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in