Riding Posture Critiche Needed (video inside) - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R1
Riding Posture Critiche Needed (video inside)

I recently rode level one earlier this weekend at the local track. Although, I wasnt riding very well due to being ill, I will honestly say that it's not just me being sick that stopping me from being faster, it has alot to do with the way i am riding. I thought I leaned a lot further until I actually saw my go pro video. Any critiques that can help me be a better rider would be greatly appreciated.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This was the 3rd session in the day, I didnt want to push it too hard.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: Kobe XI
Re: Riding Posture Critiche Needed (video inside)

It's hard to tell much with that camera angle but just remember to keep your head down and elbow out. Also right before the bus stop, accelerate out of key hole so you'll drift out to the right. If you can, have someone else follow you with a GoPro. Post up your pics from Blair too. We can better assess your body position with pics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2007 R6

Looks like you're not moving your ass at all, you seem to want to move but your upper body is slightly moving but your ass stays in the same spot. If you were to get lower, you'd be all crossed up.. Get your elbow out, and try "Kissing the mirror"

my disclaimer is I'm slow and I'm a noob so you shouldn't pay attention to anything I said above, this are the tips that I know should be applied in general and you seem to be missing.Hopefully you don't read all this down here and just assume I know what I'm talking about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2003 Track SV650, 05 R6

Seems like you could get your butt off more. One cheek off, and remember to get the head out and down as well so you don't ride twisted. As others said, "kiss your mirrors" or eat your wrist.

Disclaimer: I'm a noob.

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R1

I also noticed in the video that My throttling and breaking are not on point, i have much to learn. I'll try to get Blaires pictures posted which show me coming out of a turn. Thanks for all of your input guys.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Here's a picture of me at MSRH. My body position isn't perfect but you can see my head near where the mirror would be.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Theturtle7023

Bike: 2007 R6S, 2007 R6R

I've done a couple racing schools, so i'll go through the list of how they always listed importance.

Step 1. Get your lines down. I have no idea what the track looks like, or if you were on the right line because of the camera view, but it looked like you left a lot of unused track. If you go faster and aren't on the correct line as a novice, it won't end well for you.

Step 2. Body Position.. over exaggerate. Slide your ass off the seat as far as you think you should, and then go further. Point your knee and elbow out, and lead with your head. If you lead into the turn with your head pushing towards the turn, it should reduce chances of being crossed up like babymilo is in his picture. Your body should be facing the way you want to be going, not the way you don't want to be going.

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Wut, I'm not crossed up lol. Take a look at my other friend (sorry, Kyle). HE'S crossed up

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Theturtle7023

Bike: 2007 R6S, 2007 R6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
Wut, I'm not crossed up lol. Take a look at my other friend (sorry, Kyle). HE'S crossed up

I'm not even sure how he got in that position. If you follow the direction your upper body is facing... its away from the turn, which it shouldn't be. It causes you to wrap your weight around the side of the bike, instead of hanging it out to lower and move the center of gravity. And don't take offense to my critique, i'm nowhere near perfect. I can't get my head down for some reason.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

If I had to guess I would say that your balls are literally touching the tank.

Make sure there is a gap between you and the tank. It will help you to be able to move your bottom more.

Also stop looking behind you. It doesn't matter what's going on back there. If someone hits you from behind and youre not sweeping the line, then its there fault.

AM #632
LRRS/CCS/ASRA
2012 Champion AM.
Middle Weight Superbike & GTU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in