6/30 Grattan with STT - Video of me! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Life is best beyond 10k

Bike: 2008 Honda CBR600RR
6/30 Grattan with STT - Video of me!

Had my latest track day at Grattan this weekend. My instructor ended up taking some video. This is the last lap of the day. We were told to pass the instructor on the straight. Generally, he would come back up to pass us or we'd slow down. I got into a little chase with a guy on a liter bike and my instructor never bothered to pass me again. The guy in the black suit for part of the time is my husband trying to keep up!

I had that guy on the liter bike in the corners... He just walked me in the straights and we weren't allowed to pass anywhere but the straight. I was so tempted to try elsewhere. I should work on out-braking him!

And my BP is awful from the hips up. I got the foot thing down, but SHIT, I need to get my head down and out.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's long, deal with it. I don't have video editing software. The fun mostly starts around 4:06 when the liter bike goes by, then I am waved on to pass.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
"Multiple track days are needed every 12 month period to keep performance of the nut between bars and seat within an acceptable range. Failure to do so could result in a loss of talent in the nut. Crashing, "squidding it up" and illusions of awesomeness could occur.".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 07:13 AM
190rwhp......:eek5

Bike: 2011 S1000RR, 97 CR500
Send a message via Yahoo to jwxfd
Re: 6/30 Grattan with STT - Video of me!

Noice!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sig courtesy of the man himself: GIjoe007

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 07:18 AM
190rwhp......:eek5

Bike: 2011 S1000RR, 97 CR500
Send a message via Yahoo to jwxfd

You are just a little thing arent you....

I think your BP doesnt look that bad...but Im no expert

Sig courtesy of the man himself: GIjoe007

Last edited by jwxfd; 07-02-2012 at 07:20 AM.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Life is best beyond 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxfd View Post
You are just a little thing arent you....

I think your BP doesnt look that bad...but Im no expert

Yes. I am itty bitty.

Quote:
"Multiple track days are needed every 12 month period to keep performance of the nut between bars and seat within an acceptable range. Failure to do so could result in a loss of talent in the nut. Crashing, "squidding it up" and illusions of awesomeness could occur.".
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2007 R6

Looking good Nancy!

I think you look comfortable out there.. What's the instructor's feedback on your lines? And I think you could do a little more moving around but I'm sure that will come once the speed starts climbing up on you

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Life is best beyond 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmejiaa View Post
Looking good Nancy!

I think you look comfortable out there.. What's the instructor's feedback on your lines? And I think you could do a little more moving around but I'm sure that will come once the speed starts climbing up on you
Instructor didn't have much feedback for me. I already know that my BP needs work. My speed will start creeping up, then. My lines are ok. There are a few times I went wide or varied a little. I need to work on early apexing. I'm getting faster, so I'm starting to turn in earlier and that's not a good thing. So I'm going to work more on that, too.

Quote:
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Premium Member

Bike: Pos

^^ Looks like theres a lot more track for you to use....

The faster you go the more track you have to use.

The line you were running looked off and an off line will make you work harder and put you more at risk for a crash.

By what you wrote you sounded like you had a blast and thats all that matters!
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Life is best beyond 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotthefeelin View Post
^^ Looks like theres a lot more track for you to use....

The faster you go the more track you have to use.

The line you were running looked off and an off line will make you work harder and put you more at risk for a crash.

By what you wrote you sounded like you had a blast and thats all that matters!
Yeah, there are a few spots where I'm off-line. But for the most part, almost! I generally didn't stray TOO far from it.

Quote:
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 08:33 AM
RESPECT

Nancy!

waiting for the video to load right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxfd View Post
Sometimes at night, when everyone in the house is asleep, I like to get naked and lather myself up in Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug...

RIP Jason Jones - snocompton
RESPECT
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Pastor of Muppets

Bike: 09 R6, 07 R6S, 05 WR250F

Looking good! I don't think your BP is too bad. Work on leaning down a little more and getting those elbows bent. It looks like you're really getting fast after the apex out of the corner. You definitely could've passed that guy in front of you if you were allowed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in