Suggest a ramp - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Suggest a ramp

I plan on doing a lot of track days in the near future and won't always have somebody to help me load and unload the bike.
I currently have one of those narrow ramps that i do not feel safe using because i know i'll probably drop my bike. Looking for a new ramp that will allow me to load and unload my bike with ease on my Tundra.

I know I can always rent a trailer, but that just adds to the list of things to do right before a track day and I'd rather not.

Suggestions?

06 R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 09:40 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 02 r6
Re: Suggest a ramp

buy two, and weld them together.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 09:40 PM
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Ha I have those 1ft wide arc shaped ramps, super sketchy. Harbor frieght had some wide tri fold ramps for cheap. Lowes has some to.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bryan - Tell me about it, b/c my truck is a bit high (not lifted) the incline gets me really nervous haha.

I've seen the ATV ones you're talking about though, that might be the next best thing.

Using plywood and sandpaper (for grip) has also crossed my mind. A couple of hinges to fold it up, idk...

06 R6
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:57 PM
pin it to win it

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_Dude View Post
Bryan - Tell me about it, b/c my truck is a bit high (not lifted) the incline gets me really nervous haha.

I've seen the ATV ones you're talking about though, that might be the next best thing.

Using plywood and sandpaper (for grip) has also crossed my mind. A couple of hinges to fold it up, idk...
Hell I rolled a riding lawn mower over trying to use those stupid ramps.
I would use a ply wood ramp lol. After building a few houses my trust in some ply wood is pretty up there.

If you wanna be super cheap like me find a hill and back up to it with the truck. Use the lil Shit ramps to get it in. once at the track ask some one with a good ramp if you can use it lol.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Wishing I was in PA

Bike: 2004 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_Dude View Post

Yea id be careful using plywood, prolly not the best idea. Unless its really thick.. Ive had them break in half and slip out on me when loading dirt bikes.. R6 + plywood ramp= ur bike slaming into the tailgate==repair$. Go buy a ramp!!!

Sent from space
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 11:53 PM
pin it to win it

Shit get some 1in thick pressure treated ply wood. Will hold the whole truck up lol
But yes a legit ramp is a better idea

Go fast parts:
, Shorai battery.

Body:

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 12:47 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 08 R6 Track Bike

My Tacoma is lifted and I still use one of those narrow ramps. At home I just back my truck into the gutter and at the track I just get 2-3 people to help. It makes for a good ice breaker heh. Try
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
they have tons to choose from.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 12:54 AM
pin it to win it

Or be like evil kanievel(fcuk spelling lol) build a ramp, jump 5 trucks and land in the back of yours. Dont worry bout bending the forks on landing, itll buff out

Go fast parts:
, Shorai battery.

Body:

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 04:31 AM
Lifetime Premium

OP, I just bought a 4x7 trailer from Tractor trailer for $499 to haul my bike around in the F 150. It seemed more of a hassle loading and unloading out of the truck by myself.

Not sure if it is an option....but it is one of the better investments I have made until I can afford an enclosed trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in