Recommendation? Generator for warmers - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
I named my dog Rossi.

Bike: 05 R6
Recommendation? Generator for warmers

Looking for a reliable and quiet generator for 1 pair of warmers. Everyone and their mother recommends the Honda EU2000, but I just can't afford to throw down $800+ on one. My budget is about $400. Any solid recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 06:54 PM
track is legal heroin

Bike: 03 R6
Re: Recommendation? Generator for warmers

yup.......craigslist

THANKS TO

TRACKSTAR1
OGIO
NO FEAR
AND VORTEX FOR MAKING THIS YEAR POSSIBLE
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 07:23 PM
OEM +1

Bike: 2012 R6

harbor freight.

But a word of caution: you get what you pay for.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 09:19 PM
I eat my R6

do not get a hf genny unless you want everyone around your pit to hate you.

I have this one by Champion

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You'll see it priced near your budet, starts everytime with no issues running all day.

Nathan - #425 - 07 Yamaha R6
35 Motorsports, Vortex Racing, Pit Posse Motorsports, Spy Optics, Suomy Helmets, 614 Paintworx, Optimal Racing, GP Tech
Nationwide Children's Hospital/Ohio Motorcyclists for Children
The Retrofit Source
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 11:34 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 08 R6 Track Bike

Take a look at the top rated ones on Amazon. Even if you don't want to buy online you'll at least be able to see how people rate them.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 12:01 AM
i want 2 ride......NOW!

Bike: 2008 YZF R6 limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy View Post
yup.......craigslist
find a deal on a Honda

plus they're idiot proof to work on,

I'm certified on them and its a joke
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-2_+2 w/ RK gold chain -- GYTR EX -- Puig wind screen -- K&N Air Filter -- 08 LIMITED!!

MMI PHX ALUMNI!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LOOKING 4 AN 06 OR UP MOTOR, 08 AND UP PLASTICS, R6s HEADERS, ACRO OR YOSH SLIP-ON AND A POWER COMMANDER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Uploaded with
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 07:48 AM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

i know you say your budget is $400.. but everyone and their mother says "EU2000" (or the yamaha 2k model that is similar price) for a reason.
they are QUIET.
COnsider this.. it is the one thing you will use the entire day while you are at the track.. ALL day, every time you are there. How many sets of tires will you buy? how many mods and other $$ upgrades will you do to your bike? is your sanity (and those around you) really worth $400 extra? This is a ONE TIME purchase hopefully. these things HOLD VALUE too. That $400 geni you buy? A) will be lucky if it lasts a few seasons B) if it does last, you might get $50 for it at a pawn shop.
The EU2000 regularly go for $600+ USED. I have had mine for 6 years, i don't use it every time, as i have an eu6500 as well, but it is stone reliable.. and i love how quiet it is.
This topic comes up on other roadrace forums all the time.. the "you will use it every minute of every trackday" is somethin to consider.

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles

My racin n' ridin youtube vids
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
I named my dog Rossi.

Bike: 05 R6

Looks like I'll be saving up for the Honda, the high resale value is what convinced me. Probably pick up a used one off eBay or Craigslist if one pops up anytime soon. Thanks guys.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 07:38 AM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTime View Post
Looks like I'll be saving up for the Honda, the high resale value is what convinced me. Probably pick up a used one off eBay or Craigslist if one pops up anytime soon. Thanks guys.
i love the "eco mode", that has it run only as hard as a draw requires. Instead of running wide open all the time, it will idle down if your just running a fan with the warmers on low or off during lunch. You can switch it to "WFO" too, but that eco mode is cool.
i can run 2 sets of warmers, but get one set cycling on-off up to temp before plugging another set in. All 4 at once i don't think will work unless you have TyreSox brand or something (they are only 800wt i think vs 1200wt like chicken hawk).

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles

My racin n' ridin youtube vids
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 02:59 PM
My R6 eats me.

An alternative to the inverter generators would be to come up with some type of enclosure for one of the louder generators. Maybe just a wood box without a bottom that you could set over the generator with some small mouse holes for exhaust to escape and cables to come out? I'm not sure how effective this would be but it would at least be a step in the right direction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in