Tuck and Roll - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Tuck and Roll

Had a wicked low side on my F4 this past weekend.... some good bruising on my shoulder from the impact and minor whiplash. They had to red flag the race because I didn't get up.

I didn't black out but the corner marshal said when I got up I was pretty "drunk" (could have been the spinning for 50+ feet). My fore-arm is a little messed too, but could have been worse if I didn't instinctively bring my arms in.

Just a friendly reminder to keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times.... when you fall off your ride, I mean.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Novice #84
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2013 Sponsors/Supporters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Custom Leather & Vinyl

Lightweight Brake Rotors, Levers & Guards

Racer Training & Motorcycle Accessories/Parts/Repairs

Motorcycle Parts & Accessories

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 06:00 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 r6r raven edition
Glad to hear you're alright for the most part, hope you heal quickly.

2006 r6r raven edition:

- HID lights
- speedo drd
- MJS mid pipe
- bullseye vinyl
- keiti tank pad
- block off plates
- L.P. flasher relay
- weighted barends
- 15T front sprocket
- smoked windscreen
- no cut frame sliders
- carbon fiber accents
- brake reservoir socks
- carbon fiber gytr slip on
- air filter snorkel removed
- Flash Tuned ECU / interface
- hotbodies smoked flush turn signals
- Motodynamic smoked integrated / sequential LED tail light
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 06:03 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2003 Track SV650, 05 R6
Re: Tuck and Roll

Where was this at?

Glad you're kind of ok. How's the bike?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 06:05 AM
Pastor of Muppets

Bike: 09 R6, 07 R6S, 05 WR250F

That sucks man! Glad it wasn't worse, hope you have a speedy recovery.

How is the bike?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 06:14 AM
190rwhp......:eek5

Bike: 2011 S1000RR, 97 CR500
Send a message via Yahoo to jwxfd
Eeesh...glad it wasn't worse, cause we all know it always can be...

Did you finger out what caused the low side?

Sent from

My LG Spectrum

Sig courtesy of the man himself: GIjoe007

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike needs new clipons, rearsets and some more fibreglass repair (after I just re did everything and re painted a month ago lol). Suit will need to be patched up too.

There was an earlier crash on the same corner that morning, so it might have had some residue or be a bit greasy... I was almost red-line 2nd when coming out of it and the front tire just gave up or might have hit that greasy crash spot.

Definitely wasn't user error, but I'm happy with my performance. Improved 3 seconds from Saturday and seeing as I'm only another 2-3 behind the Top 5, it's a HUGE improvement for me (after being lapped the same time last year).

This is at Ontario's Grand Bend Motorplex. Leader's fastest time was 1:12 and my fastest was 1:15. I need to get used to riding that pace for longer though, I was completely burned out by last two laps in the morning race lol. The crash happened in the afternoon.

Novice #84
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2013 Sponsors/Supporters

Custom Leather & Vinyl

Last edited by Mr. Azim; 07-31-2012 at 07:07 AM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 08:06 AM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

thread is worthless without pictures!! lol..
glad you are ok though. Good advice! keep them hands in a fist too. It's easy to break a finger when trying to slow your slide from 98mph.. a finger in the dirt won't help, it just gets broke.

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles

My racin n' ridin youtube vids
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Corner marshall had a digital camera.... waiting to see if she got pictures! I hope so lol.

My Go Pro camera flung off when the bike flipped in the grass, but someone found it/picked it up. Will have to wait until next round to get it back!

Novice #84
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2013 Sponsors/Supporters

Custom Leather & Vinyl

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 08:40 AM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

Glad you weren't hurt bad. Also glad you got a lot faster. The last two seconds is the toughest (so I hear).

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 09:49 AM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

I you didn't already, engrave your name/number on cameras. Seems like every trackday/race round some end up in a "lost and found", and usually stay "lost".

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles

My racin n' ridin youtube vids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in