tips for leaning?! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

tips for leaning?!

i have an 2004 yamaha r6. i rcently upgraded to rosso II's took a corner at 50 and i leaned so hard, not leaned off the bike dipping knee and was still scrapping knee. bike slid out, ever since ive been scared to lean hard on corners. iusually leaned off the bike into the turn but for some reason i brought the bike down with me, i feel i was to confiedint (cocky) with my new tires not gonna lie.. any tips on hard leaning/cornerin? thanks for the tips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Needs more stars

Bike: 2005 R6, 2006 DRZ400 SM
Re: tips for leaning?!

Read/watch Twist of the Wrist...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(I preferred the movie)

And sign up for a track school.

Without seeing your body position it is hard to tell you what to do or what not to do. Go to a track school where someone can follow you around and give you immediate pointers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 01:02 PM
www.1seven1.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan01 View Post
i have an 2004 yamaha r6. i rcently upgraded to rosso II's took a corner at 50 and i leaned so hard, not leaned off the bike dipping knee and was still scrapping knee. bike slid out, ever since ive been scared to lean hard on corners. iusually leaned off the bike into the turn but for some reason i brought the bike down with me, i feel i was to confiedint (cocky) with my new tires not gonna lie.. any tips on hard leaning/cornerin? thanks for the tips
Your post makes me wonder if you're a troll, but here we go ...

Any good schools in your area? Pridmore's Star School is awesome:

Check out Nick's book. I think it's miles ahead of Twist of the Wrist:

Basically, you lean off the bike because you're standing the bike up to get it on the fatter part of the tire. Personally, I wouldn't be testing these skills and limits on the street, but that's just me.

A HUGE thank you to my 2014 sponsors:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Fast Line Race Tire, Galfer, Vortex, Sidi Boots, LP Racing,
, XT Racing. Come race at Miller with

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 02:03 PM
My R6 hurts my Nutters

Bike: pearlescent white
Send a message via AIM to ibspoolin86

Track day or twisties..get use to riding and being comfortable with cornering before trying to drag your knee
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Pastor of Muppets

Bike: 09 R6, 07 R6S, 05 WR250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaatscootdotnet View Post
Your post makes me wonder if you're a troll, but here we go ...

Any good schools in your area? Pridmore's Star School is awesome:

Check out Nick's book. I think it's miles ahead of Twist of the Wrist:

Basically, you lean off the bike because you're standing the bike up to get it on the fatter part of the tire. Personally, I wouldn't be testing these skills and limits on the street, but that's just me.
Sorry to thread-jack but, What book are you referring to?

And OP, like others said. Slow down on the street. It's not the place to drag a knee.

Edit:

Sorry, I see the link now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in