WTF Moment At turn 1 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: '07R6 Track
WTF Moment At turn 1

So this is a video of a friend essentially being T-boned while riding at NJMP T-BOLT.

There are many lines going into that turn, but I have no clue what the Guy in the White / Blue Suit was thinking.

Luckily my buddy walked away with just a hairline fracture in his knee. The other rider never acknowledged nor even apologized for what happened.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by maxpr1; 08-22-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 08:00 PM
billdozer

Bike: 2011 R6
Re: WTF Moment At turn 1

when was this?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: '07R6 Track

June 12th, you were there, happened during the mock race i think, I was not there but I saw photos of you lining up at the start of the race!

BTW How have you been Billy?

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 08:04 PM
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1

Holy fark. Looks like the guy wasn't gonna make the turn and kept the bike upright before going off.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2007 Charcoal R6

Man, I'd be pissed. It may have been smart for the guy to not apologize or anything. I might have beat the crap out of him the second he walked up. It's unfortunate but that's the risk you take on the track. At least no one was seriously injured.

I myself would have apologized or perhaps asked someone to deliver an apology check for whatever I could afford. No sense in possibly escalating the situation by immediately going over to talk the the other party.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Make good choices.

Bike: R6, SV, KTM300, Tiger 800

It didn't look like he had begun to turn? Was there a mechanical failure?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
It didn't look like he had begun to turn? Was there a mechanical failure?
No, he shit himself on the brakes hoping he could slow down enough to not clip that guys tire. You can't run down the inside like that in that turn. Even if he did turn on that line he had he would run so wide thrut the middle of the turn or it woulda been such a tight line he would have ran off the apron well before you'd even run onto it with any decent line.

Half track turn in there is REAL hairy

I was hit there repeatedly this year when a bike hit my tail and the brake lever was pushing my undertail which cartwheeled the bike, then it kept hitting me until I was on the edge of the track when the bike ROCKED me and shot me to the wall. I was like

:

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 10:02 PM
billdozer

Bike: 2011 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpr1 View Post
June 12th, you were there, happened during the mock race i think, I was not there but I saw photos of you lining up at the start of the race!

BTW How have you been Billy?
where are these pics of me lining up on the grid?! there have been a few too many red flagged mock races this year

i've been good, enjoying group 4 and having fun riding. I was dissapointed when i heard you weren't gonna make it out to the td at the end of july. Hope to see you back out there sooner than later.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 04:27 AM
Lifetime Premium

He was definitely going in to the turn to hot. Sucks for your buddy. I would have been pissed for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in