Suits - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2006 R6S
Suits

In the market for suit and trying to decide which way I want to go. I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of people saying go for the 1 piece but the thought of being able to take off the jacket as opposed to letting it hang sounds really appealing. Im mostly in the canyons but wan to start hitting the track more. Thoughts?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

"For you, sir, may the jaws of death have cotton teeth." ~ "Jitterbug Perfume" by Tom Robbins

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 09:23 AM
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
I went with a 1pc just bc its a lot more comfy. Either way a suit is great to have. Just look around on riders discount and ask them about any you have your eye set on.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 09:30 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2003 Track SV650, 05 R6
Re: Suits

1 Piece ftw. If you're track only that is. I can see if you're in the canyons, taking off the jacket at a rest stop might be nice.

But at the track you learn to walk around with your arms hooked around the sleeves. It doesn't look weird cause everyone does it lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Lifetime Premium

1 PC for sure if it was track only. 2 piece may be your best option since you are canyon carving and occasional track days.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Needs more stars

Bike: 2005 R6, 2006 DRZ400 SM

When we had our suits made we gave the guy our back protectors to sew in...makes a world of difference when you want to just wear the bottom half.

Here is my husband in his suit. The back protector keeps the top half stiff so it does not flop around.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not sure if people ever have that done with off the rack suits but I would recommend looking into it. It makes wearing a one piece on the streets not that bad.

OR you can go the alternative route and get suspenders to hold the top half up when you only want to take the top half down.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
There is a guy I track with that does that.

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Suk it, Lee

1 piece.

I see a lot of people using bungee cords or what have you, to keep the think from sagging everywhere when it's off. I personally just leave it on all day. Doesn't bother me much, I run on a different temp.
I wear hoodies on hot days.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I eat my R6

1 piece.... I found a used Spid T1 Wind Pro and got it for 1/2 of what it's worth (only tried on in the dressing room).

I've crashed in it 5-6 times (lol... can't be sure) and I've only had to reinforce some stitching on the sleeve once. Never ripped or tore.

Novice #84
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2013 Sponsors/Supporters

Custom Leather & Vinyl

Lightweight Brake Rotors, Levers & Guards

Racer Training & Motorcycle Accessories/Parts/Repairs

Motorcycle Parts & Accessories

Motorcycle Parts & Accessories
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 10:51 AM
iRun

Bike: Wal-mart 12-speed

Get a one-piece and use a bungee cord as a belt to keep it from flopping around. Win.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s?
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250?
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer?
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz?
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH?
  • How does rotating mass work?
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

I'd recommend Teknic! Love mine! Fits really well, and at the price it's unbeatable. I went with the new 2012 Chicane suit! Ton of upgrades and a higher end, budget minded suit for sure! Check them out! I'll attach a few pics of it! It has a ton of perf, and breathes really well! That's my recommendation for someone looking for a suit... A lot more affordable then a lot of suits out there...

It showed up about 45 mins before I left for the track... So I had to try it on there, and their sizing recommendation fit perfectly with my Dianese back protector...

A little video of me "breaking it in" at the track... Had to get the crash demons off...

CLICK ME^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good luck OP!

RIP Richard Bishop. You're a great friend and someone I will never forget.
MY TRACK BUILD THREAD

MY TRACK DAY THREAD

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

MY FACEBOOK

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers

Last edited by R-Silaxin; 08-23-2012 at 11:02 AM.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 11:00 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2003 Track SV650, 05 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post

A little video of me "breaking it in" at the track... Had to get the crash demons off...

Good luck OP!

That's hilarious!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in