How high are your foot pegs? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

How high are your foot pegs?

I tried experimenting with some peg height at my last trackday.... still can't find something more comfortable other than this setup (I use the 2nd column 2nd up from the bottom).

I had some toe drag last weekend... my body position is much better than it used to be, but even if I was way off the bike, I could probably drag it again if I was pushing hard enough.

If I move it one higher, I feel squeezed on the bike and it's really hard to get off the seat without feeling super tall and feeling like the bike is going to topple over. If I move it one up and one back, the gear shifter feels pretty far away and I'll sometimes miss the shifter (since it's independent from the peg, unlike woodcraft pegs).

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Novice #84
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2013 Sponsors/Supporters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Custom Leather & Vinyl

Lightweight Brake Rotors, Levers & Guards

Racer Training & Motorcycle Accessories/Parts/Repairs

Motorcycle Parts & Accessories

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff
Re: How high are your foot pegs?

I keep mine all the way forward and down, bu I'm 6'2" and I feel squished anywhere else. The guy I bought the bike from had the pegs in different positions on each side. That was just bizzarro.

Does the lack of a heel guard on the Vortex rearsets bother you at all? I used them on the stock pegs quite a bit to 'dig in' with my fit and I don't feel as anchored without it.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

I'm in between 5'10/5'11. Pretty average.

I liked the stock rearsets for the heel guard... it took some getting used to but I can manage without guards now. Once in a while I'll find myself with my heel against the part of the swingarm.... but it's pretty cool since you can feel everything your suspension/tires does mid-turn!

Novice #84
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2013 Sponsors/Supporters

Custom Leather & Vinyl

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Make good choices.

Bike: R6, SV, KTM300, Tiger 800

That's one of the reasons I don't like Vortex rear sets; too many choices!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Prof AZN Lowballer

Bike: R6 (Track)

i have vortex, i am 5'-9", it is set all the way up and back
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 07 R6

I like resting my heel on the swing arm, more room to pivot your feet.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Lifetime Premium

I have the Gilles rearsets and I have them all the way forward and down. I am 5' 10".

I was thinking about moving them, but I figured why ruin a good thing. I have been running really good with them set like that. I tried moving them up and felt like my legs were crammed together.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Pastor of Muppets

Bike: 09 R6, 07 R6S, 05 WR250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Azim View Post
I'm in between 5'10/5'11. Pretty average.

I liked the stock rearsets for the heel guard... it took some getting used to but I can manage without guards now. Once in a while I'll find myself with my heel against the part of the swingarm.... but it's pretty cool since you can feel everything your suspension/tires does mid-turn!
I have vortexes too and have wear spots from my boots on the swingarm.

I run mine all the way forward and one hole up. Haven't moved them much but want to try further up and back next time I hit the track. I tried all the way forward and up but it was too cramped for me. 5'9". Never had problems with scraping on the aftermarkets, but I'm not that fast.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Needs more stars

Bike: 2005 R6, 2006 DRZ400 SM

Mine are middle all the way back...total guess as to where I want them since I wont get to try them out until Monday.

Finally decided after some boot scraping...and peg feeler scraping
...that it was time to get some Vortex. Plus, the black is just so sexy!

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

I've been hesitant to try a new setting after the last one didnt work out, especially since I'm pretty comfortable where they are now... I'm just worried if I get up to race pace I'll be regretting it.

Novice #84
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2013 Sponsors/Supporters

Custom Leather & Vinyl

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in