Track day in Florida - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Track day in Florida

Anyone know of any good track day organizations down in Florida?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Big ol pile of them bones

Bike: listed in sig
Re: Track day in Florida

Where are you located? North, South, ect?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SFLMiniGP #31

Bikez (past):
01' Champions Limited R6 (retiring from racing) now traded for a truck :-( gonna miss the old girl))
88' GSXR 750
02' R1 (sold)
04' Zuma BEAST MODE ENGAGED! 70cc S6 BBK and pipe, 68mph on flat land!
(sold, was doing 75 before it sold)
01' XR70R (sold)
99' CR125R (sold)

Bikez Current:
07' R6r (Race/Street)
99 Aprilia Sr50 LC (over 80 mph on a 2t 70cc scooter is super sketchy)

17' Honda Grom (SFLMiniGP #31)
??' 50cc air cooled pocket bike (dangerous!)
90's Blata 40cc water cooled pocket bike (seriously dangerous! 50mph with my 170lb azz.)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 09:25 AM

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SFLMiniGP #31

Bikez (past):
01' Champions Limited R6 (retiring from racing) now traded for a truck :-( gonna miss the old girl))
88' GSXR 750
02' R1 (sold)
01' XR70R (sold)
99' CR125R (sold)

Bikez Current:
07' R6r (Race/Street)

90's Blata 40cc water cooled pocket bike (seriously dangerous! 50mph with my 170lb azz.)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 09:27 AM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

yup. We have LOTS of riding here in Florida. North Florida has JenningsGP, a 2 mile 14 turn "gp style" track with lots of sweeping corners. jenningsgp.com is the site to get info, there is a forum like this r6 forum where you can talk with some of the control riders, get info on upcoming events, etc. There are track days at least 2 weekends a month there, as well as wera/CCS roadracing..

see post above^ for some sites that hold trackdays at PBIR (palm beach int. raceway) and Homestead miami speedway from time to time.

ALSO! you can enter the track day group on our race event weekends with CCS (championship cup series) on the Saturday practice days of all the FL region ccs races. We have one upcoming in October at JenningsGP. You pay i think $100 or so, and ride about 5 sessions on Saturday when the racers are not out there. Good way to get some track time with other track day riders, but also get a "feel" for a race weekend.
go to ccsracing.us and the FL region info.. Henry Degouw runs the FL region racing.

THEN, if that ain't enough, TeamHammer holds a trackday at Daytona International speedway 2 weeks after jennings.Yup, riding your bike on the highbanks of DIS, wide open, usually with 1down in front for gearing, and even adding 1-2 up in the rear depending on the HP of your bike
Daytona in mid october (18-19-20 or so) is our national championships.. winner take all races where you are gridded by your standings in your classes from the seasons racing.

I highly suggest going on youtube or other vid sites to familiarize yourself with a track before you go. There are lots of onboard vids out there of all these tracks.

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles

My racin n' ridin youtube vids

Last edited by MELK-MAN; 09-01-2012 at 09:29 AM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 09:41 AM
billdozer

Bike: 2011 R6

i really enjoyed my trip last winter to jennings gp, probably going to go back again this winter i hope.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 12:45 PM
I have 2 belly buttons.

Bike: '09 R6

Nesba runs a few events down your way as well.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Sorry folks, I'll be in northern Fl for at least a year. I've been browsing Jennings' website. If I go with to one of their track days with out an "organization" how cluttered will the track be? I'm looking to do quite a few track days through them because of the price. I have been with a race "school organization" up north called Team Promotion. I'd like to link up with a group like that next year. Any leads?
Great links by the way! Helped a lot. I'd love to give Daytona a shot soon

Last edited by stofficer2; 09-01-2012 at 06:56 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 07:55 PM
I am "that" guy...

Bike: 08 R6R

Jennings open days are usually pretty decent. between 30-40 people usually. Plenty of room on the track and pits. people are generally helpful and the CR are good people. If you are already in Florida and ready to do a weekend let me know. I am going to be there for a weekend in two weeks and there are spots open still.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stofficer2 View Post
Sorry folks, I'll be in northern Fl for at least a year. I've been browsing Jennings' website. If I go with to one of their track days with out an "organization" how cluttered will the track be? I'm looking to do quite a few track days through them because of the price. I have been with a race "school organization" up north called Team Promotion. I'd like to link up with a group like that next year. Any leads?
Great links by the way! Helped a lot. I'd love to give Daytona a shot soon
They usually run 3 groups if enough riders. Novice, Intermediate, Expert. If not enough experts, they combine expert and intermediate into 1 group. Lots of track time! They do have control riders in every group. No real shade spots, bring an easy up and LOTS of water, its HOT in Florida. You should go join their forum and ask some regulars for more info.

SFLMiniGP #31

Bikez (past):
88' GSXR 750
02' R1 (sold)
01' XR70R (sold)
99' CR125R (sold)

Bikez Current:
07' R6r (Race/Street)

Last edited by Shush319; 09-01-2012 at 08:12 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 08:48 PM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

yes, not to direct traffic from this site, but if you have JenningsGP specific questions and want to coordinate rides, chat with someone you can pit with, etc. .. join the jgp forum at

We had years of threads and tons of info you could search, but the site crashed about 6 months ago and had to start over.
I moderate the forum, so BEHAVE
Great bunch of people, and as some have posted, they are very helpful. I have been riding there since the track opened in 2002. Summer is warmer, but you will have fewer people. It is never overcrowded though since pbir and homestead run some regular track days too.

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles

My racin n' ridin youtube vids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in