Buttonwillow w/ Let's Ride 9/3, 9/29 and 10/8 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Needs more stars

Bike: 2005 R6, 2006 DRZ400 SM
Buttonwillow w/ Let's Ride 9/3, 9/29 and 10/8

Anyone going?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 07:21 PM
dont fake the funk

Bike: 08 R6
Re: Buttonwillow w/ Let's Ride 9/3, 9/29 and 10/8

I don't think I'm going back to BW this season. I'm saving up for two days at Laguna though
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all outta gum.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Needs more stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sill'r B sill'd View Post
I don't think I'm going back to BW this season. I'm saving up for two days at Laguna though
That's awesome.

We keep saying we are going to head out to other tracks...and then we signed up for all three days with Let's Ride.
We'll see what happens come November.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 10:34 PM
I eat my R6

I'll be there for the 29th!
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Needs more stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty1five1 View Post
I'll be there for the 29th!

Welcome to the forum. What do you ride? Where you from?

post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 11:23 PM
I eat my R6

07 r6. I'm in Ventura, i see you're in Goleta??
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Needs more stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty1five1 View Post
07 r6. I'm in Ventura, i see you're in Goleta??

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

I need to get out there and give it a shot, but I hear nothing but bad at Bumpy Willow.

You guys need to get down to some of the other SoCal tracks!
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Needs more stars

Yesterday was a great day!
My first day in the intermediate group...definitely one of the slower one but I feel like that is where I belong for sure. So glad we had a garage as it was a HOT day! But overall one of my (if not the) best day I have had out at the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
I need to get out there and give it a shot, but I hear nothing but bad at Bumpy Willow.

You guys need to get down to some of the other SoCal tracks!
Then you are talking to the wrong people!
The only negative is that is is super bumpy...but you learn where the bumps are and which ones to not worry about. Plus, their facilities are really great for the price.

I used to dislike Buttonwillow when I first started tracking my car there but now it is my favorite. I have no interest in Big Willow, Streets weather is just too unpredictable, California Speedway (and Laguna) are too expensive...especially since my husband and I both go! and we have yet to get out to Chuckwalla. We keep saying we will but it just has not happened yet...maybe November.

post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HER6 View Post
Yesterday was a great day!
My first day in the intermediate group...definitely one of the slower one but I feel like that is where I belong for sure. So glad we had a garage as it was a HOT day! But overall one of my (if not the) best day I have had out at the track.

Then you are talking to the wrong people!
The only negative is that is is super bumpy...but you learn where the bumps are and which ones to not worry about. Plus, their facilities are really great for the price.

I used to dislike Buttonwillow when I first started tracking my car there but now it is my favorite. I have no interest in Big Willow, Streets weather is just too unpredictable, California Speedway (and Laguna) are too expensive...especially since my husband and I both go! and we have yet to get out to Chuckwalla. We keep saying we will but it just has not happened yet...maybe November.
The weather at Willow Springs is totally predictable! If it's summer it will be hot as balls. If it's anything other than summer, it will cold as a witch's titty and ridiculously windy.

I really need to give Buttonwillow a shot and form my own opinion. There's a bunch of tracks that are closer that are similarly priced and not notoriously bumpy though - so it's kind of a tough sell.

Tracktactics has been having some KILLER deals on days at Auto Club lately, which make it comparable to other tracks (a specially if you're coming for the whole weekend). You should try to get out there - it's a really fun track with great facilities. Also, no bumps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in