Aftermarket Brake Reservoirs? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Aftermarket Brake Reservoirs?

So my front stock brake reservoir on my 06 R6 exploded during my crash last week... any recommendations on a reasonably priced aftermarket front brake reservoir?

I like the top-screw-in brembo style, but open to others. Not sure if any vendors on here offer any

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Novice #84
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2013 Sponsors/Supporters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Custom Leather & Vinyl

Lightweight Brake Rotors, Levers & Guards

Racer Training & Motorcycle Accessories/Parts/Repairs

Motorcycle Parts & Accessories

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 07:58 AM
I eat my R6

Re: Aftermarket Brake Reservoirs?

in for this as well since i need a new one.

sig by milko

my build thread-

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Check out the rizomas those have a clean look

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 08:44 AM
This is bat country!

Bike: 2005 white/red R6

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In for curiosity. Is there any performance benefit with going with an aftermarket reservoir or is it mostly a cosmetic thing?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 09 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribalic One View Post

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In for curiosity. Is there any performance benefit with going with an aftermarket reservoir or is it mostly a cosmetic thing?
No performance benifit. Maybe a little more durable. It is afterall.just.like stated a reservoir. The rizoma's are nice.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com App

Learn to ride fast, Slowly.

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Stunt Rider

Bike: R6/R1 Hybrid

I run a mini 15 cc cup.

R6/R1 hybrid
Zeus Armor crash cage, sub-cage, stunt stay, subframe brace, R1 rectifier mod. ATC steel subframe & ATC 12 bar. Runman big rotor HB setup with r6 monoblock calipers. Stunter-X res clamp hose kit. Dented gas tank with HT moto grip. Kleen air mod. GPR V1 steering damper. Brembo RCS 19. SS brake lines. BMC air filter. ATC adjustable clip ons. Brembo 16x18 HB. 05 R1 front forks. 06 FZ-6 rear rotor. NGK plugs. DCP radiator cage. LP gas cap. Secondary radiator fan switch setup. HT Moto Rear Seat. Leo Vince CBR 250 exhaust. Naarden shark fin. 14/54t 520 gearing. Intergrated rear turn signals. Engine Ice. Shaved wind screen.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Azim View Post
So my front stock brake reservoir on my 06 R6 exploded during my crash last week... any recommendations on a reasonably priced aftermarket front brake reservoir?

I like the top-screw-in brembo style, but open to others. Not sure if any vendors on here offer any
Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
in for this as well since i need a new one.
Why don't you just text me when you have stuff like this bro? I know i'm busy, but I'm always ready to help man. Especially for my best customer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribalic One View Post

Ya'll can let me know if you want me to break you off on an Evotech one. They look gorgeous and they are MUCH more rugged and durable than the OEM ones.

They crash much better than OEM.
I know if you have an RCS, there's a nice mount for it that's also metal and anodized and matching.

Don't be fooled by the knock offs out there on ebay and shit either. Evotech has a 5 year antifade warranty on their anodizing. Good luck finding that guarantee or quality in another product. The Rizoma ones are great too, but the pricing on evotech is much easier on the wallet too.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Durable is my main concern... not exploding on impact would have saved bleeding time lol, but friend was nice enough to let me borrow a brembo one for another bike (made it fit, luckily).

Novice #84
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2013 Sponsors/Supporters

Custom Leather & Vinyl

Lightweight Brake Rotors, Levers & Guards

Racer Training & Motorcycle Accessories/Parts/Repairs

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 AM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Why don't you just text me when you have stuff like this bro? I know i'm busy, but I'm always ready to help man. Especially for my best customer!!!

Ya'll can let me know if you want me to break you off on an Evotech one. They look gorgeous and they are MUCH more rugged and durable than the OEM ones.

They crash much better than OEM.
I know if you have an RCS, there's a nice mount for it that's also metal and anodized and matching.

Don't be fooled by the knock offs out there on ebay and shit either. Evotech has a 5 year antifade warranty on their anodizing. Good luck finding that guarantee or quality in another product. The Rizoma ones are great too, but the pricing on evotech is much easier on the wallet too.

aw man im just kicking rocks around right now. you know when i actually decide to fix my hooptie ill be coming to you. the evotech is legit looking. ill get a list together this weekend and get with you on pricing everything out.

sig by milko

my build thread-

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

But do they come in pink?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in