Sponsorships - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Sponsorships

So I've finally picked up my first official race sponsor.... Vortex Racing approved my Athlete Support request so it'll save me a bunch on parts and replacements that I need, want or (hopefully not) break this season lol....

There are a few vendors I'm going to approach this season, but I'll have to wait until the first race or two. Nice of them to give a deal to the casual/average club racer like myself.

This was the main turning point to totally upgrade/beef up my suspension for next year. I want personal improvement for myself, which would hopefully get a little more support for me in the long run.

Anyone know of any online sponsors/companies that are willing to sponsor the average club racer? Every little bit helps, but a huge thanks to Vortex Racing for this one (I've been holding off on parts until I received an answer).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Novice #84
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2013 Sponsors/Supporters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Custom Leather & Vinyl

Lightweight Brake Rotors, Levers & Guards

Racer Training & Motorcycle Accessories/Parts/Repairs

Motorcycle Parts & Accessories

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: Kobe XI
Re: Sponsorships

Not going to lie.......... I was scared this would be another bikesponsors.com thread
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:26 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2014 R6

racetech sponsored me....use hookit. It's really easy to apply for sponsorship, I got approved with braking, suomy helmets, racetech, spy glasses, amsoil, and a few others. I'm hopefully gonna get approved by woodcraft.

CVMA #143

instagram shawn3210

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 AM
track is legal heroin

Bike: 03 R6

+1 for hookit, i got woodcraft, suomy, axo, spy, and leovince exausts through them. send a app to sharkskinz as well. they picked me up this year as well. but you should have started back in oct, thats when the companies start looking for next years apps.

THANKS TO

TRACKSTAR1
OGIO
NO FEAR
AND VORTEX FOR MAKING THIS YEAR POSSIBLE
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Yes, I'm a late starter... I just thought of this over the winter break after ordering a bunch of parts and thought it would be super helpful if I managed to get some.

Thanks for the hookit link, I'll give it a shot!

Novice #84
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2013 Sponsors/Supporters

Custom Leather & Vinyl

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Dangerously Irish

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
Not going to lie.......... I was scared this would be another bikesponsors.com thread
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
This

My shenanigans are now official sponsored by Shermoto Racing!

There are many people faster than me, so I have to create an illusion of speed
Bruce Lee
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013
^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 09:44 AM
RESPECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxfd View Post
Sometimes at night, when everyone in the house is asleep, I like to get naked and lather myself up in Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug...

RIP Jason Jones - snocompton
RESPECT
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Sharkskinz got back to me and offered 15% off bodywork for the year.......

Novice #84
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2013 Sponsors/Supporters

Custom Leather & Vinyl

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Dangerously Irish

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Azim View Post
sharkskinz got back to me and offered 15% off bodywork for the year.......
nice!

My shenanigans are now official sponsored by Shermoto Racing!

There are many people faster than me, so I have to create an illusion of speed
Bruce Lee
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013
^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 R6 Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn3210 View Post
racetech sponsored me....use hookit. It's really easy to apply for sponsorship, I got approved with braking, suomy helmets, racetech, spy glasses, amsoil, and a few others. I'm hopefully gonna get approved by woodcraft.
I've been meaning to sign up for hookit as well.

Question for you sponsored guys: I'm in my 3rd year of road racing (beginning this May), and my first two years were really spent getting over the learning curve. I wasn't competitive until last season and I don't have any race wins. My best finish in the club was 5th, and 2nd in a track day shootout for licensed racers. Is it even feasible for me to apply for sponsorships?

-Jes CRA #426E
Bell Helmets, AXO, Leatt, Dunlop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in