Ed Bargy School Feb. 23rd - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Top Gun

Bike: 06R6 50th, CBR600RR8
Ed Bargy School Feb. 23rd

So I finally signed up for Ed Bargy's new racer school at Jennings GP next weekend, anyone else gonna be going?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 PM
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Let us know how it goes. I want to do it eventually

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Top Gun

Re: Ed Bargy School Feb. 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan j View Post
Let us know how it goes. I want to do it eventually
Most definitely dude, I'm worried the R6 won't be ready in time for the class, so I may have to do it on my CBR600RR, but pictures will be had.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 02:41 PM
pin it to win it

I've only heard great things about it.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 03:12 PM
FastForward Performance

Bike: Honda Z50

Quote:
I've only heard great things about it.
You heard right! Ed is old school, but he gets the job done!

Say What??
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdub View Post
You heard right! Ed is old school, but he gets the job done!
What a great guy. I would recommend this school to anybody and everybody. I loved it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 03:24 PM
pin it to win it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL View Post
What a great guy. I would recommend this school to anybody and everybody. I loved it.
Such detail lol. You should make a review thread!

Go fast parts:
, Shorai battery.

Body:

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Pastor of Muppets

Bike: 09 R6, 07 R6S, 05 WR250F

Quote:
Such detail lol. You should make a review thread!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would also be interested in a little more info. Is this more of a race license school or a skills school? How about classroom stuff? And track time?

Thanks for any info, I've been thinking about a track school for a while and have considered this one.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 06:04 PM
pin it to win it

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuengling910 View Post

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would also be interested in a little more info. Is this more of a race license school or a skills school? How about classroom stuff? And track time?

Thanks for any info, I've been thinking about a track school for a while and have considered this one.
I've heard a lot about it. From what I remember you get great classroom sessions and plenty of ride time. I think its geared a lil more for ppl looking to get a race license but idk bout that one. I've been looking at doing the novice school they offer at Jennings

Go fast parts:
, Shorai battery.

Body:

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuengling910 View Post

It's a race license school, but plenty of people who just do trackdays were there too. It starts with Tech at 7am, which is more just signing in at the classroom, then you're on the track at 8am doing a slow speed ride around and walking of the track. It shows you a lot of what to look for.

Quote:
I've heard a lot about it. From what I remember you get great classroom sessions and plenty of ride time. I think its geared a lil more for ppl looking to get a race license but idk bout that one. I've been looking at doing the novice school they offer at Jennings
For an idea of how much track time you get, you start at 8am and get to the written test at about 5:30 pm. Riding every hour or so after covering a topic or section. Fernando the control rider was an excellent resource and provides some great feedback. Like I said, anyone looking to do a race license or a rider skills school should definitely look into this class, and for the money, it's definitely unbeatable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in