DiSalvo Speed Academy Promo Vid - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Team STG Racing

Bike: 06 R1,08 R6,09 675,10 R6
DiSalvo Speed Academy Promo Vid

Here is a short Speed Academy vid I helped make at Road Atlanta last summer. I am following Brian Stokes (co-owner/lead instructor) in the first half, then the camera is swapped to his bike.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Love me some Road Atlanta!

Chris Broome
Sportbike Track Time Southern Division/Speed Academy Instructor
WERA Expert #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
- Bell Helmets - KNOX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 02:08 PM
I eat my R6

Re: DiSalvo Speed Academy Promo Vid

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wish i could attend one of these awesome schools someday.

2013 Sponsors:
, Geared Up Moto,

Build Thread:
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: Kobe XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddagascar View Post

+1

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddagascar View Post

STAR school March 18th & 19th.

Not knocking DiSalvo - I'd love to hit up one of his schools, but there's no west coast dates!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 02:15 PM
FedEx Man

Awesome video Chris! JD is the man! Lucky you get to work with him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Around here you gotta be like a midget at a urinal, always on your fcukin toes
"Never trust a man in a wheel chair with dirty shoes."

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Team STG Racing

Bike: 06 R1,08 R6,09 675,10 R6

Thanks

Yeah, he is a great dude and has helped me tremendously. I took the first school as a customer back in '11 and it made such a drastic improvement in my riding, that i had to take another one.

Then one thing led to another and now i am proud to be a part of the team.

Chris Broome
Sportbike Track Time Southern Division/Speed Academy Instructor
WERA Expert #2

Sponsors:
-
-
- Bell Helmets - KNOX
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Top Gun

Bike: 06R6 50th, CBR600RR8

Great video! I love DiSalvo's Speed Academy iphone app. I really want to one day attend his school, when I'm able to afford it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 07:50 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2005 R6

I was lucky enough to attend one of the JDSA classes last October at Barber. I learned lots, albeit I needed more time to work on the skills taught. 3 weeks later I returned for a track weekend and shaved an easy 2-3 seconds consistently off my typical lap times with 4 seconds as my best! This would not have been possible without the class for sure. I'd love to take another when the funds are there!

Sherry
*2005 Yamaha R6 (street)
*2008 Yamaha R6 (race)
*2010 Yamaha WR250X (super moto)
*2004 Yamaha Zuma (pit bike)
*2005 Yamaha TTR230 (dirt)
*2007 Honda CRF150rb (dirt)
WERA #127
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 08:00 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 YZF-R6 x2

cool vid, road atlanta looks fun for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in