DZU's Questions! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Top Gun

Bike: 06R6 50th, CBR600RR8
DZU's Questions!

Hey guys, I'm looking for information on DZU's and quick disconnect fasteners for my 06R6's track glass. I'm not sure whether I should buy the rivet style fasteners or the backing plate style. Also, does anyone know what size I would need? 14mm or 17mm or so. Last thing, is any company's product better than another?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Was it as good for you?

Bike: Pearl White 04 R6
Check out Aggracing.com or just send the guy a PM. He's the man when it comes to this kinda stuff.

Sent from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001
Re: DZU's Questions!

dzus are dzus. it's the brand of quarter-turn fastener. like kleenex is a brand...

they're both the best. i sell em... and they're made/ordered specifically for track bodywork. some have reported that they fit stock bodywork as well... i won't say one way or another as i've only used them as track fasteners.

as for rivet/clip... clips are more versatile, and there's WAY more room for installation error. plus, having a riveted on one get ripped off in a get off will leave a nice chunk of your bodywork out in the grass too. the clip ones can simply slide off - during a wreck. they're on VERY secure, and i've never lost a clip. i've misplaced SEVERAL bolts though.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lemme know...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Top Gun

Bike: 06R6 50th, CBR600RR8
Re: DZU's Questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg2001 View Post
dzus are dzus. it's the brand of quarter-turn fastener. like kleenex is a brand...

they're both the best. i sell em... and they're made/ordered specifically for track bodywork. some have reported that they fit stock bodywork as well... i won't say one way or another as i've only used them as track fasteners.

as for rivet/clip... clips are more versatile, and there's WAY more room for installation error. plus, having a riveted on one get ripped off in a get off will leave a nice chunk of your bodywork out in the grass too. the clip ones can simply slide off - during a wreck. they're on VERY secure, and i've never lost a clip. i've misplaced SEVERAL bolts though.

lemme know...

Sweeeeeet. Thank you buddy!
great prices btw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in