APRIL TRACKDAYS in New Jersey! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Go faster!

Bike: 2003 R6 and 2000 VFR
APRIL TRACKDAYS in New Jersey!

Hey all,

I'm an Instructor for Tonys Track Days and our trackday season is getting ready to kick off on April 22 and 23 in New Jersey at the awesome Thunderbolt track.

Right now, there is space available in all groups, but some are filling up quickly so don't wait too long to get in.

I know the weather may not be great where you are now, but by the end of the month it should be great down in South Jersey - especially when you're wearing full motorcycle gear!

Beginning your riding season with a trackday is the best way to dust off the winter cobwebs and sharpen your riding skills again.

If you are new to trackdays, TTD has one of the best "New Rider" programs. Check out this page for info on our New Rider Program:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Feel free to post up questions here or to PM me. To order, head over to
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 04:51 PM
My R6 eats me.

Re: APRIL TRACKDAYS in New Jersey!

I did a track day at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway with these guys last year. These guys are a class act! The level of organization, instructors and friendly environment made for a great day...even for a first-timer. Going back in June!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 04:51 PM
ttd
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquintyMcK View Post
I did a track day at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway with these guys last year. These guys are a class act! The level of organization, instructors and friendly environment made for a great day...even for a first-timer. Going back in June!!
Thank you!

For those interested in the Jersey track, only 2 groups ended up getting full while the other 2 are almost empty.

Bottom line is we'll see who shows up and probably end up regrouping people - and giving everyone longer sessions!

If you like lots of open track time in a safely run trackday - come check us out.

Tony
Ride the Track!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 08:10 AM
-Chauncey

Bike: 08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuppi View Post
If you are new to trackdays, TTD has one of the best "New Rider" programs. Check out this page for info on our New Rider Program:
Heads up, I'm getting a page not found for the above link.

04 Suzuki GSX-R 600 - Sold
08 Yamaha R6 - Sold
07 Suzuki GSXR-750 - Track bike
07 Yamaha R6 - Street bike
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 08:16 AM
ttd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionzx View Post
Heads up, I'm getting a page not found for the above link.

Sorry...here is the full link... not sure why it gets cut off sometimes.

Or, just click on NEW TO TRACKDAYS from our homepage.

Tony
Ride the Track!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 05:59 PM
dont talk about it, do it

Bike: 2008 r6s
Send a message via AIM to david111jr
Looking into doing a track day. Never been. Been riding on street for two years now. Does my bike need to be track ready. And I've seen others advertise track lisc. After completion is this the same. Hope to hear back soon thanks

Sent from

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 07:46 PM
ttd

Quote:
Originally Posted by david111jr View Post
Looking into doing a track day. Never been. Been riding on street for two years now. Does my bike need to be track ready. And I've seen others advertise track lisc. After completion is this the same. Hope to hear back soon thanks
Bike preparation depends on the organization. Here is the link for the TTD bike Prep, along with a video:

Not sure what you mean about a "track lisc" ?

Tony
Ride the Track!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttd View Post
Bike preparation depends on the organization. Here is the link for the TTD bike Prep, along with a video:

Not sure what you mean about a "track lisc" ?
This is what it says on penguin website.

Race License Certification
Upon completion of the Penguin Racing School Basic Course you will be eligible for a race license anywhere in the USA.* Even if you do not plan to race, this certification will gain you eligibility to many practices closed to street riders and will gain you entry into several different advanced roadracing courses.* As of 2011, the Rookie Race for Basic students is now held on Fridays (and included in the school).* This gives you the opportunity to get a taste of racing without the commitment of a full motorcycle race preparation.*

Sent from

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 05:52 AM
ttd

You need to decide what you are looking to do.

If you want to go racing, then you would sign up with the Penguin BASIC program, which is how racers get licensed. Other trackdays schools also offer race licensing, by the way...Penguin is just one of them. Penguin has recently added a "trackday" option to their days as well.

If you want to do Trackdays, there is no special license. You research the organization you want to ride with - and then sign up.

At Tonys Track Days, we only offer Trackdays. There is no competition with your fellow track riders - you are all there to just have fun and learn how to ride better. Many of our customers have moved on to racing after doing trackdays for a few years and deciding they want the "competition" portion of track riding.

Hope this helps you? If not, I suggest you just show up and watch a trackday (if you're not ready to sign up). While there, you will see what a trackday is, and I'm sure there will be some racers in attendance that you can ask more questions.

Tony
Ride the Track!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 04:15 PM

Thanks ttd. I'm gonna talk to my bro who wants to join me and decide what to do. I appreciate all the info.

Sent from

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in