Data Overlay Software? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Data Overlay Software?

Hey folks. I've done google searches on track map/data overlay software to hook up with my Gopro but no dice. I can't find a decent one that everyone actually had a decent experience with. I'll be exporting data from my GPX Pro and just wanted to combine it with my Gopro.

Anyone have any experience with such software?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Geared Up Moto,

Build Thread:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff
Re: Data Overlay Software?

I heard Windows Movie Maker + MS Paint works great.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 06:39 PM
roaming gnome

Bike: 2008 R6

I'm not sure if the AiM software accepts the XT data but you can download Race Studio for free and give it a whirl. I work in the roadrace (cars) industry and have had phenomenal results with AiM.

I also found DashWare but don't know much about it.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmedrive View Post
I'm not sure if the AiM software accepts the XT data but you can download Race Studio for free and give it a whirl. I work in the roadrace (cars) industry and have had phenomenal results with AiM.

I also found DashWare but don't know much about it.

Any idea if the AiM stuff will import from a CSV? XTStudio can export to a spreadsheet and a few other file formats, so I bet it's doable.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 05:21 AM
roaming gnome

I'll try to find out. AiM also exports to Excel so maybe it will import it as well. I never tried it that way.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 05:39 AM
candy red

Bike: 07 r6s
Send a message via MSN to lopez95632

Someone had it on at our Laguna trackday. Find the thread, I remember talking.to him about it.

must read for new members

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 05:58 AM
Because I Can

Bike: 2008 R6 Raven
Send a message via AIM to Dunc

Guess where the TrackMaster app got the ground work for his exporting to the .csv format? Yep, me....true story. I could make a much better and faster spreadsheet with all that I know of now in Excel but I haven't made any videos so there is no reason for me to update anything.

All you need to know for data overlay. For you, skip to the getting it into .csv format and using the RaceChrono software:

2008 R6 Raven - Just beginning the modifications...
1997 LS-GSR/VTEC Turbo - 450whp
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4WD

Last edited by Dunc; 04-09-2013 at 06:01 AM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

thanks for the reply! dang, I wish these were compatible with Macs.

I have to edit my videos prior on my mac then transfer them to my windows side (running bootcamp) to overlay with from my GPX software.

So it looks like the race chrono is the easiest since the gpx can export right to .csv.

I'll give aim a shot as well. anyone have any cool vids?

2013 Sponsors:
, Geared Up Moto,

Build Thread:
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 01:37 PM
I can ban you

Bike: 2013 GRB STi
Send a message via AIM to Mario J

engineering

I <3

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 03:31 PM
roaming gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddagascar View Post
thanks for the reply! dang, I wish these were compatible with Macs.

I have to edit my videos prior on my mac then transfer them to my windows side (running bootcamp) to overlay with from my GPX software.

So it looks like the race chrono is the easiest since the gpx can export right to .csv.

I'll give aim a shot as well. anyone have any cool vids?
Videos? Yes. Cool videos? No. lol
Make sure you post up the results, I'd like to see that! I'll have an AiM Solo and GoPro on my bike next track day. Whenever I can get back on track anyway. I've taken it with me the last 2 times but never hooked it up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in