Track bike set up - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Track bike set up

I removed my clutch switch, but is there a way to make it where I can still start it in gear with the clutch pulled in?

For those of you who have relocated the rectifier where did you move it to and how did you mount it?

Did you guys keep the kick stand or remove it?

I'll update this as I have more questions. Thanks

Sent from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 06:52 PM
I eat my R6

Re: Track bike set up

I removed the kick stand and sensor.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 06:55 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 R6 Blue

Why would you remove the clutch switch? Do you mean your blinker controls on the clutch side clip on?

CVMA #691

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
pin it to win it

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Carey_6 View Post
Why would you remove the clutch switch? Do you mean your blinker controls on the clutch side clip on?
Ye I removed all the controls on the left side. Blinkers, lights switch etc and the clutch switch was tied into that wiring harness.
Sent from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 07:25 PM
return to target

Just out of curiosity, why would you need to start it in gear? The only thing I can think of is stalling out while in gear, but not sure when that would ever happen.

My kickstand is still on, but only because I can't break the bolts loose even with a 1/2" impact wrench...wtf.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 07:26 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 YZF-R6 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan j View Post
I removed my clutch switch, but is there a way to make it where I can still start it in gear with the clutch pulled in?

For those of you who have relocated the rectifier where did you move it to and how did you mount it?

Sent from
best spot for the rectifier is on the left side of the frame above the radiator, drill a hole and tap it to mount.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
pin it to win it

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1m3 View Post
Just out of curiosity, why would you need to start it in gear? The only thing I can think of is stalling out while in gear, but not sure when thald ever happen.

My kickstand is still on, but only because I can't break the bolts loose even with a 1/2" impact wrench...wtf.
Just for convenience really. I always leave the bike in gear so it would be easier to clutch it and start it than to find neutral.
I'm torn on the kick stand. seems like it would be a pain to always have to get off, hold the bike, and put it on the stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheefar6 View Post
best spot for the rectifier is on the left side of the frame above the radiator, drill a hole and tap it to mount.
searched and that popped up but Melk man advised that was A bad spot for air flow and I'd rather not drill into my frame.

Sent from

Go fast parts:
, Shorai battery.

Body:

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 07:39 PM
return to target

Quote:
Just for convenience really. I always leave the bike in gear so it would be easier to clutch it and start it than to find neutral.
I'm torn on the kick stand. seems like it would be a pain to always have to get off, hold the bike, and put it on the stand.
I do that anyways and it is kind of a pain, but I've yet to drop it even after a particularly tiring session. If you have someone with you or even in a nearby pit, they usually offer to hold your bike while you get the rear stand up anyways. At least that's been my experience.

Now that I've mentioned I've not dropped it yet, I'll probably drop it next time I go to put it up on stands.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
pin it to win it

I'll Prly just remove it so I can sell it lol. Poor folk problems

Sent from

Go fast parts:
, Shorai battery.

Body:

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 08:29 PM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

Quote:

Sent from
do not.. i repeat.. do NOT relocate the rectifier on the 3rd gen bike. I know it looks all factory and shit
but leave it where it is up in front of the radiator. i have seen frames broke when that thing gets pushed in when they relocated it upward on the frame. But more importantly, it doesn't get enough AIR up there. It's where it is for a reason, cause it gets wicket hot.. excess voltage gets turned into heat. Excess voltage generated from the higher than typical rpm's the bike sees on a track vs. putting around on the road. Heat has to go somewhere. the fins on the rectifier don't do the job they were designed to do when you move it out of the air flow (where it is now).
i lost 3 rectifiers. (2 on one bike, one on the other.. ). The first burned the plug on the DYNO the day i was buying it at Daytona. then 6 months later it burned another one (this was back in 2009). I moved it to the stock position, NO ISSUES SINCE. 2nd bike, burned up in 2010 at Carolina Motorsport park. Moved it.. NO ISSUES.
yea, pro teams found it cool to move. They also only race the bikes for 1 season. Or, if you live in a cold climate it may not be as big an issue. But EVERYONE that i know that moved it away from the stock position has burned it up.
Leave it.
Straight Success likes this.

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My racin n' ridin youtube vids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in