Slipper clutch mod, oops? - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 R6 Race, 05 R6 Street
Re: Slipper clutch mod, oops?

Local Yamaha dealer had 3 in stock. Thanks Vickery Motorsports!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 05:25 PM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

just make sure ya take time to instal em right. it's easy to not get the collar of the nut into the 3 springs. then torque to spec, and peen the thing to the crankshaft.
while at it, measure stack height.. and if you do remove the center hub, be sure you instal it correctly. there is a wrong way it goes in.. and if the center hub is in wrong, those ramps (pictured above^^ ) won't ride up the oposing ramps of the clutch basket. It will just rock forward-backward but won't allow the clutch to SLIP
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Then be sure ya offset the outer fiber, and line up the pressure plate as the manual shows.
nothin to it.

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My racin n' ridin youtube vids
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 R6 Race, 05 R6 Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELK-MAN View Post
just make sure ya take time to instal em right. it's easy to not get the collar of the nut into the 3 springs. then torque to spec, and peen the thing to the crankshaft.
Can You explain this a little more? I understand the rest though.

Expert #880
2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
2013 Sponsors:

Text: (72O) 432-7236

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 04:32 PM
"The Dude abides .. "

this collar has to go inside the circular part of all 3 "Y" springs. It does not do it by itself, the 3 springs stacked up will fall onto the crankshaft. If you run this nut on there without lifting them and allowing this collar to go INSIDE those 3 springs, it will smash em flat. Bad.

the outermost part of the center hub nut is just like your counter shaft lock nut, you have to use a screwdriver or something to hit it into the recess on the end of the crankshaft, just like you peen the nut on the countershaft to lock it in place after you torqued it down.

Uploaded with
600racer likes this.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
Milk man....... You are the shit.

If I was rich and famous I'd buy you a new bike and all the beer you wanted..... But I'm not so ill just do an e-cheer. :Cheers

Sent from

I dont measure life in dollar bills, I measure life with the joy I get out of it.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 06:34 PM
"The Dude abides .. "

buy some lottery tickets or some shit.. ! i needs a new bike soon

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 07:44 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R6

Subscribed for info. Thanks Melka!

James

CCS #720 Expert
2007 R6
TPM COACH #720
Team Pro-Motion Sportbike Club - Trackdays/Races
MRP Motorsports

Moto-D Racing

EVIL Powder Coating
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 06:20 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2018 R6

Hi guys I am looking to do this mod to my 2018. - trying to do my research first. I am looking to get an increase over the stock clutch but nothing too crazy. do you recommend washer, ramp spring, washer set up? or should i go with ramp spring first, followed by two washers after?

any help would be great

thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in