Gear position indicator - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Gear position indicator

06 R6 track bike with Dyno-jet quick shifter and PC111

Which brand gear indicator would you recommend for my track bike ?
Where can I purchase them online (I am in Oz)
How easy are they to instal on to the loom or do they plug into an existing socket and if so which one and where is it ?
Is this something I can do myself (I have some mechanical skill ) or should my local mechanic do it.
Your opinion and help would be greatly appreciated .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Lifetime Premium

Re: Gear position indicator

This is the one I got for my track bike. Plug and play, can't get much easier than that
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Dangerously Irish

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter
Garage
Might have to grab one

Sent from

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My shenanigans are now official sponsored by Shermoto Racing!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are many people faster than me, so I have to create an illusion of speed
Bruce Lee
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013
^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 12:05 AM
I eat my R6

it's nice to have, but after a while maybe due to riding on the same track or frequent it the most, you kinda know which gear you're in sub consciously even when you're down shifting going into a turn just the way the bike pulls and feels.

but i do have one on my gpx, nice to see where i'm at when reviewing the session. the link provided above i hear is great as well. there's a plug and play version and a solder version. both are great.

2013 Sponsors:
, Geared Up Moto,

Build Thread:
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Pobrecitos

Bike: 08 R6S + 08 R6LE

I got two Pzero plug and play indicators just for the moments I lose focus and my gear count, it has helped some... That said, I have to agree with Maddasgascar, after a while (at least for the track) you know what gear you are in; I've since stopped looking at it as much. For the street, this is very helpful for not hitting gear 7, like when I'm on my S....

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

As I only ride the bike once a month at the track I quite often find that elusive 7th gear

The feel of my track bike is so different to my daily ride a
Ducati Monster S2R1000 which I can feel what gear I am in 99% of the time
but the nature of the in line 4 600 I get lost very easily .
Thanks for the suggestions
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Pobrecitos

Bike: 08 R6S + 08 R6LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezmonster View Post
As I only ride the bike once a month at the track I quite often find that elusive 7th gear

The feel of my track bike is so different to my daily ride a
Ducati Monster S2R1000 which I can feel what gear I am in 99% of the time
but the nature of the in line 4 600 I get lost very easily .
Thanks for the suggestions
As you start to ride more and more, you won't even use it's but it's still a good insurance policy imo... It helped me my last outing at ACS to hit the corner in the right gear in one particular corner I was having trouble with.

And this coming from a guy who JUST installed his set 2 months ago, or so...
:

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 05:53 AM
I eat my R6

For a track only bike, a flashed ECU can turn the speedo into a gear indicator.

07 R6, MJS Header, GYTR slip on, smog block offs, K&N, flashed ECU, PCV, AutoTune, -1/+2.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 12:45 PM
\o/

Bike: 09 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgossel View Post
this is the one i got for my track bike. Plug and play, can't get much easier than that :d

:yea
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001

i think there are cleaner/better made options out there. the gipro is the industry leader for a reason. that's what i have. wasn't plug n play, but took all of ~10 minutes to install - including removing the tank.

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in