Track Only? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Life is best beyond 10k

Bike: 2008 Honda CBR600RR
Track Only?

After an epic three day track weekend over the July 4th weekend, I'm just not interested in putting my bike back to street trim. Riding the street doesn't seem interesting to me. So I'm thinking of going track only. Any thoughts on that? This is my only bike (for now). I'd sell my street plastics to get track plastics.

I'm wondering if I'll miss riding between track days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
"Multiple track days are needed every 12 month period to keep performance of the nut between bars and seat within an acceptable range. Failure to do so could result in a loss of talent in the nut. Crashing, "squidding it up" and illusions of awesomeness could occur.".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 07:09 AM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: Kobe XI
Re: Track Only?

I found out that switching to track only, I turned into a pansy on the streets. You get majority, if not all, of your jollies on the track now. Sometimes I miss street but for the majority, I enjoy being track only.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 07:17 AM
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1

That is what I am doing now. Only way I survive is by booking up a track weekend a month. I definitely don't miss watching out for idiots who do a "California stop" at stop signs then SLAM on their brakes when the finally see me.

I don't regret it at all.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 07:26 AM
I eat my R6

I used the money I got from selling street plastics to buy a cheap cafe Honda CB for cheap to cruise around town.

Nathan - #425 - 07 Yamaha R6
35 Motorsports, Vortex Racing, Pit Posse Motorsports, Spy Optics, Suomy Helmets, 614 Paintworx, Optimal Racing, GP Tech
Nationwide Children's Hospital/Ohio Motorcyclists for Children
The Retrofit Source
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Needs more stars

Bike: 2005 R6, 2006 DRZ400 SM

I bought my DRZ400 because I was turning my R6 into a track bike and still wanted something for the street. I ride like a granny around town on the thing.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I guess it will depend on how often you are able to do track days.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 07:38 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 YZF-R6

Buy a cheap street bike, keep the R6 for the track.

A lot of people seem to go that route, I personally don't think I can ever give up street riding, but if I did have a track less than an hour away I would probably go all the time and diminish my street riding a bit.

2007 Yamaha YZF-R6 - Track Duty
2003 Suzuki SV1000S - Street Duty
1974 Suzuki GT250 2-Stroke - City Duty

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Life is best beyond 10k

Bike: 2008 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
Buy a cheap street bike, keep the R6 for the track.

A lot of people seem to go that route, I personally don't think I can ever give up street riding, but if I did have a track less than an hour away I would probably go all the time and diminish my street riding a bit.
I have a CBR. But I plan on buying a cheap street bike. It's just not in the cards till MAYBE next year. So that would mean the rest of this year (and some of next, maybe), I'd be off the street.

Of course, we're hoping for at least 4 more track days this year (2 weekend events).

Quote:
"Multiple track days are needed every 12 month period to keep performance of the nut between bars and seat within an acceptable range. Failure to do so could result in a loss of talent in the nut. Crashing, "squidding it up" and illusions of awesomeness could occur.".
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

:

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 08:43 AM
I eat my R6

best choice i made was track only. the street just doesnt have the same rewarding feeling.

sig by milko

my build thread-

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
best choice i made was track only. the street just doesnt have the same rewarding feeling.
Until kids wave at you and stuff like that. Then it's a great feeling man. Plus, the roads up here are pretty gnarly so we do get to ride our asses off still.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in