First Track Day Footage - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Box of Lube

Bike: 2007 R6
First Track Day Footage

Yesterday I had my first trackday at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with S.T.A.R. Had a really good time and learned a lot. The heat was making the GoPros freeze up and not record so I only got a few sessions recorded. This was probably my third session out on the track. I was Still trying to get a feel for it and for the bike. Towards the end of the day I got my lines a lot cleaner (Still far far far from perfect).

The mount was a little shakey and the sounds not the best. But overall you get the jist of it.

BTW im riding my 2011 Honda CBR600RR, not my R6. This was the first time ive ridden it other then around the neighborhood and to the gas station.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The guy smoke checking us newbs thats 2-up is Jason Preidmore. lol

11 CBR 600rr - Sold
08 R6 Raven - Future track queen
Leo Vince Factory R Exhaust, Shermoto Levers, Agg Block Off Plates. Work In progress.

Build Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Darthteddy; 08-29-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: First Track Day Footage

I also would have gotten off the line to pass the dresser!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WTF!!!!!

Lookin good man. Way to keep it in the power band and to mind the cones and the line. The only way to get faster is on that line!

Keep it up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthteddy View Post
Yesterday I had my first trackday at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with S.T.A.R. Had a really good time and learned a lot. The heat was making the GoPros freeze up and not record so I only got a few sessions recorded. This was probably my third session out on the track. I was Still trying to get a feel for it and for the bike. Towards the end of the day I got my lines a lot cleaner (Still far far far from perfect).

The mount was a little shakey and the sounds not the best. But overall you get the jist of it.

BTW im riding my 2011 Honda CBR600RR, not my R6. This was the first time ive ridden it other then around the neighborhood and to the gas station.

The guy smoke checking us newbs thats 2-up is Jason Preidmore. lol
Nice! STAR is awesome. JP's enthusiasm is contagious. Did he have any of the AMA guys out there with him? (James Rispoli, Corey Alexander?) Chuck is a touch track to learn. There's a lot of tricksy blind and decreasing radius corners. It's really damn fun though. Welcome to the addiction!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

Oh yeah, and make sure you use the underwater housing for the GoPro, and the rubber nub thing and some masking tape laid down in the grooves of the mount will help with the vibration. And set it to 720 or 1080 resolution. Square video is for the 90s.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 07:23 PM
track junkie

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

smooth lines. looking good...

s3aturnr

...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
WERA Expert #68
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Box of Lube

Bike: 2007 R6

I really wish I could have done both days instead of just one. After I got home and watched some of the videos I think a lot of stuff sank in that I wish I could have tried.

11 CBR 600rr - Sold
08 R6 Raven - Future track queen
Leo Vince Factory R Exhaust, Shermoto Levers, Agg Block Off Plates. Work In progress.

Build Thread

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
Square video is for the 90s.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Dangerously Irish

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter
Garage

*hits thumbs up button*

My shenanigans are now official sponsored by Shermoto Racing!

There are many people faster than me, so I have to create an illusion of speed
Bruce Lee
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013
^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Pobrecitos

Bike: 08 R6S + 08 R6LE

Will watch later; I didn't think I'd lie CVR as much as I did....
...I LOVE CCW!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 04:38 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

welcome to the addiction

Get ready to pawn your first born

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in