Is quick throttle a must for you? - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 09:47 AM
My R6 eats me.

Re: Is quick throttle a must for you?

IIRC MP offers an orange a progressive-rate "RR" throttle cam. Long-throw on the bottom that becomes a shorter-throw quicker rate afterwards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Yamaha 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by d207gp View Post
IIRC MP offers an orange a progressive-rate "RR" throttle cam. Long-throw on the bottom that becomes a shorter-throw quicker rate afterwards.
Only with the V2 kit. The original kit does not include this.

I still prefer the largest 50mm reel over all the rest, including the new RR one.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 02:05 PM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebster1085 View Post
Old thread, but what the hell!

The quick answer, yes, it is.

The OEM throttle has such a long throw that is requires me to readjust my wrist out on the track to get to full throttle which is super annoying.

The throttle twitchiness that the OP refers to can be corrected with an ECU flash and will no longer be an issue, even with the largest 50mm throttle wheel.
the r6 oem tube has a faster pull than any other mfgr. There may be something wrong with your wrist
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My racin n' ridin youtube vids
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 03:50 AM
Get Some..!

Bike: 08 R6

I had a problem with opening stock throttle 100% without adjusting grip, but changed my technique with how I hold the throttle. I now operate throttle like I'm using a screw driver with elbows pointing out a little more.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 05:22 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

guys, i ended up buying the white motionpro throttle wheel which is progressive. only done one track day since it arrived and didnt have time to instal it.

what i did do in the interim was to try to sand down the initial part of the red throttle wheel that comes in the motion pro kit - my own version of a progressive throttle. its worked so well that im now giving thought to doing the same to the yellow (50mm) wheel which, Ebster, scares me - tried it once and its too jerky for corners for me.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 05:47 AM
Yamaha 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELK-MAN View Post
the r6 oem tube has a faster pull than any other mfgr. There may be something wrong with your wrist
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Indeed it is, but its still too long. I believe the OEM reel is 35mm compared to the Kawi, for example, which is 32mm.

Still too long for my liking and I love the feel of my MP 50mm. Easily worth the small price I paid.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Pimpin'

Bike: '06 R6, '98 KX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick(Crash) View Post
I had a problem with opening stock throttle 100% without adjusting grip, but changed my technique with how I hold the throttle. I now operate throttle like I'm using a screw driver with elbows pointing out a little more.

post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 09:42 AM
Touchdown!

Bike: 2012 R6
Send a message via Skype™ to Straight Success

If you take your right arm and extend it straight out in front of your body, make a fist, then point straight in front of you with 1, 2, or 3 fingers, and then rotate your wrist upward, most people will only be able to rotate their wrist ~60 degress which is much less than 1/4 turn of a throttle's rotation which is 90 degrees. To get the full 90 degree rotation through your wrist, you will have to adjust your grip on the fly.

Chillin'... while the Lord watches over me!

I love my R6, but...there's no buts...

Last edited by Straight Success; 12-13-2018 at 04:33 PM.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 12:59 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

once I bought a quick turn throttle I was very happy with the results even on the street. it's personal preference I guess. too bad motonpro's rev2 is a piece of shit. the rubber boot keeps cracking open from using shitty materials.
have to switch over to domino.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Touchdown!

Bike: 2012 R6
Send a message via Skype™ to Straight Success

Really?

Is this a common occurrence with the MP Rev2 because I'm switch to a quick throttle and fine tuning it with a custom tune by me?

Chillin'... while the Lord watches over me!

I love my R6, but...there's no buts...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in