Track Plastic/Bodywork Fitment with Leo Vince SBK Full System on 2007 R6 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
2 > 4

Bike: 2007 Yamaha R6
Track Plastic/Bodywork Fitment with Leo Vince SBK Full System on 2007 R6

I recently acquired a Leo Vince Full SBK SS system on here from a fellow forum member for my 2007 R6. I noticed that the front header bend is a bit low up front. In doing a bit of research, it appears the SBK system can be close, or contact certain track plastics.

In the research I have been able to do, I have the following information. I will update this as more infromation becomes available.

Works with:
Optimal Racing
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Armour Bodies
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(but is close. They might touch a bit, but heat wrapping seems to hold up. This could be on a case by case basis...)
Sharkskinz

Does Not Work With:
Catalyst Composites

Factory Bodyworks

Brands Yet Unknown:
Attack
Hotbodies
Pit-Eck
Formula 1 Composites
Others...

Anyone that has information on this, please let me know. It would be nice to know what my options are.

For Reference, here are pictures of the Leo Vince SBK EVO System on my bike faired and unfaired.

917 WMRRA / 917x OMRRA

Last edited by chupapuma; 12-27-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 05:13 AM
RIP Super Sic

Bike: 09 R6
They fit perfect with my sharkskinz

Sent from

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 05:42 AM
m3lover2

Bike: Trek Fuel 90
Re: Track Plastic/Bodywork Fitment with Leo Vince SBK Full System on 2007 R6

I wrapped my header with heat wrap because it touches the armour bodies. It gets hot.. and I don't want to cut holes in the belly pan.. might have to switch exhausts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

I have seen folks make a "sump" in the area thats cut out on that race body to make ample room for the headers. It aint the prettiest but still keeps it legal for fluid containment.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 08:13 AM
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleeex View Post
I wrapped my header with heat wrap because it touches the armour bodies. It gets hot.. and I don't want to cut holes in the belly pan.. might have to switch exhausts.
Akrapovic....

Mine fit.

Sent from

I dont measure life in dollar bills, I measure life with the joy I get out of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
2 > 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post
Akrapovic....

Mine fit.
I agree with you bluerebel that the Akrapovic should fit no problem... That being said, I never as much as heard about this fitment issue until now. Had I known before this would have went in the 'cons' bucket for the Leo. However:
  1. I already have the exhaust. I would rather not turn buying bodywork into a ridiculously expensive adventure of also finding another exhaust (not that reselling this one would be tough or anything)
  2. I like the Leo Exhaust. It sounds perfect. Not too loud, but deeper. It also makes the bike feel great.
  3. I am buying new bodywork, so as long as I pick a brand with a (slightly) deeper belly pan, it should be fine
  4. The Leo and Akra have similar numbers on a dyno. The biggest different (imho) was that the Leo's can was mostly protected by the rearset. The Akra sits up and out a bit and I didn't want to have to fear rashing the can on the first lowside to the right it sees... Had I known about this con (possible fitment issues) I would have swung towards the Akra, but the whole can getting trashed thing is a pretty big negative...

Funny enough Leo's TI system works fine. This is the Leo Vince SS SBK though unfortunately. Much cheaper though, so if I have to hunt and peck a little, or god forbid, manufacture a bulge right there to stay fluid containment legal, so be it.

917 WMRRA / 917x OMRRA
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 02:54 PM
nom nom nom nom nom nom

Now you have me wondering if I will have the same issue with my graves exhuast. I have some super-shitty no-name track bodywork right now and plan on picking up a better set over the winter. I'm in the same boat, I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a headache.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
2 > 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Now you have me wondering if I will have the same issue with my graves exhaust. I have some super-shitty no-name track bodywork right now and plan on picking up a better set over the winter. I'm in the same boat, I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a headache.
I don't know that I would get too concerned just yet. I think I may have an older SBK System. The stock photos for the new EVO II Leo system look good.

The issue is this. The header brings the four pipes to more of a square than a V.

Only the 2&3 pipes are issues as they go just a smidge too low... The pipes just barely are exposed from the street bodywork. It seems though quite a few manufacturers still fit with this system.

917 WMRRA / 917x OMRRA

Last edited by chupapuma; 01-02-2014 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Photos were missing
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2013, 10:02 PM
ARMADA

Factory Bodyworks = NO..i had to cut a hole in the belly pan

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 09 R6 street 10 R6 race

Leo Vince has fixed this with a revised header design, sounds like you bought used or got an older one. I have the sbk exhaust with optimal bodywork on a 09 and it fits good, pipes were about 3/4 inch away so i put some reflective heat shield on the bodywork for like 20 bucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in