Track bodywork question - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2007 R6
Track bodywork question

HI,

I recently bought a used Armour body fairing for my 07 r6 [
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
] . I have question regarding the fairing, whether it will fit my stock exhaust headers or should i change it. Pls let me know
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is there any instruction write up for changing street fairing to track one that will be bigger help.
thanks.

Last edited by maneshmotts; 03-10-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 05:20 AM

Bike: 2006 50th anniversary
I ran Armour bodies on my 06 with stock exhaust with no issues. You may want to put some heat tape inside the belly pan

Sent from
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Track bodywork question

Thanks Andy will try it with stock exhaust

Sent from

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by maneshmotts; 03-12-2014 at 01:53 PM.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Track bodywork question

Is there any write up what all should be remove Some one has done any instruction write up for that ?

Sent from

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 02:59 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6
Re: Track bodywork question

Quote:
Originally Posted by maneshmotts View Post
Is there any write up what all should be remove Some one has done any instruction write up for that ?

Sent from
Please follow these instructions -

1. Remove stock bodywork, headlights and tail light
2. Install track bodywork

Doood....i should be in town next weekend, so if you can wait, I can help. If not, ask Raj (sportbiker) if he can help

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 03:09 PM
2 > 4

Bike: 2007 Yamaha R6

Thread on the same thing from recent:

TL;DR - Stock exhaust will fit, but consider some heat tape around the muffler box area.

917 WMRRA / 917x OMRRA
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupapuma View Post
Thread on the same thing from recent:

TL;DR - Stock exhaust will fit, but consider some heat tape around the muffler box area.
Any recommendations on a brand/type of heat tape?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks rammy .. if you can help me out over the weekend that would be great ..
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 04:43 PM
2 > 4

Bike: 2007 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgossel View Post
Not really. I just looked at my Amazon Wishlist and I have a link to the

Some of it can be thinner and people tend to prefer the stuff with a bit more thickness. Then again, the stuff on the stock fairings is super thin and almost like

917 WMRRA / 917x OMRRA

Last edited by chupapuma; 03-12-2014 at 04:45 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgossel View Post
in a pinch lowes & hD have some R30 foil insulation you can buy for cheap. Just put a layer of tin foil on the muffler side & that insulation. It will keep the heat away from the body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in