GoPro footage from the track on Sunday - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 06 R6 CRF450x supermo/ice
GoPro footage from the track on Sunday

First off, I have a long ways to go, and I'm working on it. Feel free to toss out suggestions if you want. After seeing this video, I'll be making a few changes right away. Getting my shoulders down a lot further as well as open to the corner, etc.

I just got a Traxxion Dynamics front and Penske Rear, and this was my second day on them. I also just got some race DOT tires and warmers instead of street tires with no warmers, added a quick shifter, and some HP to the mix. Moved up into the advanced group immediately after lunch on Saturday.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Took this video on Sunday. A rider coach follows me, and I follow a few coaches, all of which, are friends. That's why I didn't try to pass anyone for a few laps.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Joe - ZARS #19
CRA Expert #111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 06:18 AM
I eat my R6

Re: GoPro footage from the track on Sunday

Lookin' real good, I would say in some areas you could be a gear lower use the throttle a little more, otherwise mess with gearing next. Who was the music by in your video?

CCS #414
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mott Power View Post
Lookin' real good, I would say in some areas you could be a gear lower use the throttle a little more, otherwise mess with gearing next. Who was the music by in your video?
Thanks for the feedback. I play with gearing a lot, this weekend it was 17/45 (stock is 15/48), which is what I use at Brainerd International Raceway on the comp course. Having 110+ RWHP in an 03 R6 also makes it easier to run gearing that is a little tall for this track. This track is just a track at a local technical college that we put on an advanced riding school at, it's not really a racetrack, so I don't really pay much attention to gearing here. If I was, I would just gear it as short as possible. I've got a quickshifter. lol

I agree with you completely, there is a spot before the short straightaway where I shift into 3rd, and upon watching this video I decided to not shift up to 3rd anymore. There are also a few spots (double apexes) where I sit at the same speed when I should be increasing speed, and then trail braking into the second apex.

I didn't mention it in the original post, but last year I started riding the track and on my R6 was an ok intermediate rider. I showed up Saturday at the track and something clicked and I'm suddenly a TON faster. So I'm new to this pace. A lot of this video I am following another rider. I think it's only 2 or 3 laps that I don't have anyone in front, and I felt like I was riding at maybe 75%. I'm going to be doing a double header at Road America this month, we'll see how it goes there!

The music is
. <-Link

Joe - ZARS #19
CRA Expert #111

Last edited by TurtleSpeed; 05-06-2014 at 10:03 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

One of the photographers just sent me a couple photos from the weekend even though he is still editing them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-07_1924.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	200586   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-07_1953.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	200594  

Joe - ZARS #19
CRA Expert #111

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in