Does track farings ever goes on sale? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Does track farings ever goes on sale?

Hi how are all of you guys? i have a 2012, I've been going to the track quite a bit, but still using street fairings. i wanted to purchase a track body but before i do i wanted to see if any of you has even seen a sale on armour bodies or shark skin bodies. At the track i spoke with some people and they told me that big companies usually have sales at the end of the year to get rid of some old inventory. What kind of deals have you guys seen or got? BTW i dont want crappy stuff, from my research i guess armour bodies and shark skin is the best out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014, 06:00 PM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Does track farings ever goes on sale?

No. Hot bodies is garbage and they do a two for one sale around thanksgiving. But you pay retail and shipping for both sets. So you wind up with a big pay out for a lot of crap that crashes terribly.

Shark skins is crazy money. I'd stick with Armour bodies and just suck it up and pay for it. Its is spectacular.

The optimal racing bodywork is good too tho. It is similar in regards to the backing material. It fits good. It isn't solid sheet like AB. But you can save a couple hundred on it. I've fitted a few sets and painted a few sets as well as countless AB sets. It is a sick value.

If you're interested in either hit me up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 00 R6, 00 R6, 01 R6

I got in on last year's deal with the 2 for 1 with Hot bodies. Never crashed in them so can't speak for how well they hold up. Just don't crash and you'll be fine. :-)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 09:41 AM
Hey...watch this

Bike: FZ1; R6; GL1800; SV650

Ive crashed in my HotBodies. Held up pretty well. Nothing a little fiberglass and a rattle can wont fix.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

i guess if they don't really go on sale might as well get one, might wait a little. i'm only going one more time to the track this season
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 03:19 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 04/08 R6 Track, FZ8, Vino

I bought the 2 for 1 hotbodies. 04 R6, 07 front end. I use an oversize rear tire as well. The fairings would have lined up well except for my mods, I chopped and fiberglassed both ends of the belly pan for tire/warmer clearance.

I crashed last year, went for a 100 foot slide. The fairings flex a lot, which meant nothing cracked and the rash didn't go all the way through. I put some layers of fiber glass on the inside and am happy with their performance.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Dangerously Irish

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter
Garage

Armour bodies crashes well and repairs easy. Ask me how I know
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My shenanigans are now official sponsored by Shermoto Racing!

There are many people faster than me, so I have to create an illusion of speed
Bruce Lee
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013
^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Ended up buying the armour bodies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1415367612684.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	233857  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in