Brake lever guard - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
wat?

Bike: 09 R6, 14 Street Triple R
Brake lever guard

Which are you using? Any real differences between them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff
Re: Brake lever guard

Andrew (A.Carey on here) had a Woodcraft one. He said to get the Graves one.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The way the Woodcraft ones mount, you need extra long bars, and it takes a lot of screwing around with the bar position and moving the controls back and forth so you're not smashing things at full lock.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
wat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
Andrew (A.Carey on here) had a Woodcraft one. He said to get the Graves one.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The way the Woodcraft ones mount, you need extra long bars, and it takes a lot of screwing around with the bar position and moving the controls back and forth so you're not smashing things at full lock.
Haha that makes sense, looks like the Graves screws in while the Woodcraft actually mounts on the bar... that's annoying.

I have Vortex clipons if that matters at all. Have to confirm same ID/thread as the Graves bars...

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Make good choices.

Bike: R6, SV, KTM300, Tiger 800

The
is the best one. But it's crazy expensive.

Other than that they are all about the same. I just got an inexpensive one from
. Doesn't need to cost a bunch to block the brake lever from unwanted contact...

AFM #77
Thanks for the support in 2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
wat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
The
is the best one. But it's crazy expensive.

Other than that they are all about the same. I just got an inexpensive one from
. Doesn't need to cost a bunch to block the brake lever from unwanted contact...
$300?!?!
I thought Graves was ****ing overpriced at $150... though I guess at least the Dion has some tech behind it (and by tech I mean a hinge... woo...)

That LP guard looks like the way to go.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 02:36 PM
When in doubtThrottle out

Bike: Zuma

I use a woodcraft lever guard without much issue. but my bar is all the way to the end with no extra space.

Sold: 2009 YZF-R6
Given to the ex-bitch, I mean wife: 2010 Ninja 250

MCRA/CCS#81

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorv
I was wrong.
Quote taken 7-16-15 @ 0640CDT
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouck View Post
Haha that makes sense, looks like the Graves screws in while the Woodcraft actually mounts on the bar... that's annoying.

I have Vortex clipons if that matters at all. Have to confirm same ID/thread as the Graves bars...
I'm pretty sure the Graves fits the Vortex bars. I'm 95% sure I went and looked it up. I'm running Vortex bars too. You can just pop the rounded plastic bit off the end and replace it with the lever guard.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouck View Post
$300?!?!
I thought Graves was ****ing overpriced at $150... though I guess at least the Dion has some tech behind it (and by tech I mean a hinge... woo...)

That LP guard looks like the way to go.
FYI, the Dion thing is available way cheaper on Amazon.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
wat?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the Graves fits the Vortex bars. I'm 95% sure I went and looked it up. I'm running Vortex bars too. You can just pop the rounded plastic bit off the end and replace it with the lever guard.
Cool I was pretty sure it was semi-standardized.

Quote:
FYI, the Dion thing is available way cheaper on Amazon.
Well now I have to figure out the difference between the "Privateer" version and the "Factory Racer" version
(since the latter is still $245)

Edit: nm, apparently it's just number of colors and whether you get some cf to save a whopping 56 grams... definitely not worth $80).
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Reads the rulez

Bike: Turbo'd Ruckus

Love my woodcraft guard. Works just fine with regular length bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburgess05 View Post
I was going to continue to trash you rookie clowns but it's not even worth it. You're going to spend the rest of your days wasting away and possibility of aquiring talent because you're too ignorant and stubborn to realize you suck... but could be good. You all just keep proving my points.
NESBA "A"
WERA Expert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in