Foot Peg Length - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: YZF-R6SPVC
Foot Peg Length

So I was reading a discussion on facebook about cutting down foot pegs"for proper BP". So does anyone do this? The reason given is the ball of your foot should be able to pivot on the end of the peg vs keeping your foot tucked in parallel to the bike(what I do). In theory I could see this being an easy way to control BP where I use my outside leg much more for positioning.

I don't feel like this is hurting my BP but I am open to trying new things if it could help my ergonomics.

Another thing, is this just preference? does height play a factor? how bout rearset position?

Racefit Growler Exhaust w/ Custom Midpipe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GYTR Air Filter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flash-Tune w/ Custom Map
Drive Systems Sprockets (-1/+2)
D.I.D. ERV3 520 Gold Chain
Galfer HH Brake Pads
Galfer SS Brake lines
Íhlins Steering Damper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 09:53 AM
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Re: Foot Peg Length

Height plays a good part in reaesets. Higher up equals more ground clearance when leaned over. I never heard of anyone cutting the end off. I have mine adjusted all the way up and back, and i have no problem pivoting my foot on end of the peg.

Also remember what's right for one person might not be right for the next. Bp imo is more about what's comfortable and functional. I keep my outside foot parallel and jam my heel into the heel guard on the rearsets.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

I was thinking the same thing as far as it goes different for everyone. The pegs they were talking about cutting were the vortex pegs that have what a appears to be a break off point... I'll see if I can get a photo

Want to try some different rearsets next year anyway as these are all I've had and I have improved dramatically.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GYTR Air Filter
Flash-Tune w/ Custom Map
Galfer HH Brake Pads
Galfer SS Brake lines
Íhlins Steering Damper

Last edited by nickbales; 10-07-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: img

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Platiunum Supporting Sponsor

Bike: R1, 675R, Grom

I had one of my footpegs ground down to the length you are describing from an incident where I was luckily able to keep riding for the remainder of the day.

One side was normal length, the other was a shorty and I could not tell the difference on my feet between the two.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 12:12 PM
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j

Pic didn't work. But yes the end of the peg is designed to break away instead of bending.
Just keep practising and if you think shorter pegs will work for you go for it.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Make good choices.

Bike: R6, SV, KTM300, Tiger 800

All the people I know that run a shortened footpeg do so for more ground clearance, not a body position issue.

AFM #77
Thanks for the support in 2017

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

That would make the most sense to me, one of the reasons I brought it up was due to that reasoning. I'm interested now on how much lean angle I'd have to have to drag peg, seems like I'd have to be way over... I know one thing I'm doing tonight
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GYTR Air Filter
Flash-Tune w/ Custom Map
Galfer HH Brake Pads
Galfer SS Brake lines
Íhlins Steering Damper
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

At this point shorter pegs would not help me just curious what you guys thought as the person who said that seems to be a pretty serious racer.

GYTR Air Filter
Flash-Tune w/ Custom Map
Galfer HH Brake Pads
Galfer SS Brake lines
Íhlins Steering Damper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in