Using '08+ race bodywork on '06-07 confirmation please.. - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
^^Slow guy on fast bike^^

Bike: R6r
Using '08+ race bodywork on '06-07 confirmation please..

Without resorting to zip-ties or having huge panel gaps, is a '08+ fairing stay all that's needed to mount up '08+ Armour Bodies or Sharkskinz bodywork (supersport tail most likely) onto a '06-07 with a OEM subframe? (Aftermarket full exhaust - most likely Yoshi)

The search seems to indicate yes, but I want to check & confirm.

Rich Q.
R6 race - CCS 128 Expert "The tiger bike"
'04 Aprilia Tuono street
EvolveGT

Thanks to my 2016 sponsors! METRIC DEVIL MOTO / PIRELLI TIRE |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|

GET IT!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 06:48 PM
I eat my R6

Re: Using '08+ race bodywork on '06-07 confirmation please..

from what two people who sell these bodies have told me, yes they fit. a lot of the bodies for the 08+ are for the older ones and jut need the fairing stay changed.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Looks like I don't need the '08+ seat that I bought though, that will NOT bolt to the '07 subframe.

Rich Q.
'04 Aprilia Tuono street
EvolveGT

|
|
|
|
|
|

GET IT!!!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 07:34 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

the seats are the same through all years (06-14)
Tail sections are not.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

The rider's seat is most definitely different. The bolt holes are not in the same location, for one.

Rich Q.
'04 Aprilia Tuono street
EvolveGT

|
|
|
|
|
|

GET IT!!!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 08:30 AM
m3lover2

Bike: Trek Fuel 90

You will have a gap behind the riders seat and the tail.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
The rider's seat is most definitely different. The bolt holes are not in the same location, for one.
odd... my 2010 seat bolted right up to my 2007.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 08:36 AM
m3lover2

Bike: Trek Fuel 90

Seats are interchangeable. The difference is in the curve that goes around the tank, and the rear of the seat as you can see in my posted pic.

(08+ bodywork with 07 seat and tank)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

I think I figured out why I had the issue - my bike doesn't have the "batwing" looking piece installed at all.. the previous owner just bolted the seat right to the subframe on my '07. The '08 seat I have has the mounting holes much closer together than the seat that came on the bike.. (unless the seat on the bike isn't an '07 seat? Sure looks like one though)

Rich Q.
'04 Aprilia Tuono street
EvolveGT

|
|
|
|
|
|

GET IT!!!

Last edited by eskimo; 12-18-2014 at 03:07 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 07:40 PM
I eat my R6

I am curious about this as well, if I but the woodcraft 08 race plastics, what will I need to make it fit my 07? just the fairing stay? everything match up otherwise?

Thanks!

Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in