Playing on the R6 at COTA - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats everything.

Playing on the R6 at COTA

Made a video of myself and one of the other Ridesmart instructors playing around at COTA this past weekend. I'm on a 2014 R6 with front and rear cameras, and he's on a ZX-6R with a front camera. I've been to COTA a few times before, but this was the first time with the R6.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

CMRA #89
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 10:02 AM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2007 Candy Red R6
Re: Playing on the R6 at COTA

very nice. that must have been fun to do a trackday at COTA.

just curious, how much do they charge for a trackday at COTA and do they have any noise restriction like they do at Laguna?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: Kobe XI

Nice! I'm Sherm, the guy Cody tagged on Facebook that makes an appearance. Nice pass on Quan, by the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_1972 View Post
very nice. that must have been fun to do a trackday at COTA.

just curious, how much do they charge for a trackday at COTA and do they have any noise restriction like they do at Laguna?
It was $485/day and zero noise restrictions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_1972 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
Nice! I'm Sherm, the guy Cody tagged on Facebook that makes an appearance. Nice pass on Quan, by the way

Sherm is right, no noise restrictions. (Good thing for all the Superleggeras that were there!)

And thanks on that pass. It was actually a pretty poor decision given that it ended up trapping me in the middle of that group.

CMRA #89
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachV View Post
Sherm is right, no noise restrictions. (Good thing for all the Superleggeras that were there!)

And thanks on that pass. It was actually a pretty poor decision given that it ended up trapping me in the middle of that group.
Level 2 was pretty sketchy and skill level was really sporadic.

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 10:45 AM
Reads the rulez

Bike: Turbo'd Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburgess05 View Post
I was going to continue to trash you rookie clowns but it's not even worth it. You're going to spend the rest of your days wasting away and possibility of aquiring talent because you're too ignorant and stubborn to realize you suck... but could be good. You all just keep proving my points.
NESBA "A"
WERA Expert
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 11:20 AM
Reads the rulez

Bike: Turbo'd Ruckus

I've noticed this a lot of track day orgs. But what is with the coaches not doing anything? They are seemingly just riding around, they never look back, and they never really follow any of the riders. So what the hell are they doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburgess05 View Post
I was going to continue to trash you rookie clowns but it's not even worth it. You're going to spend the rest of your days wasting away and possibility of aquiring talent because you're too ignorant and stubborn to realize you suck... but could be good. You all just keep proving my points.
NESBA "A"
WERA Expert
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 11:23 AM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Side View Post
I've noticed this a lot of track day orgs. But what is with the coaches not doing anything? They are seemingly just riding around, they never look back, and they never really follow any of the riders. So what the hell are they doing?

In level 3, they are considered "control riders", which essentially police the level and make sure no one is being irresponsible.

In level 2 and 1, instructors work with students assigned to them if the students choose so. If no students need work, instructors become control riders, so to speak.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Side View Post
This was the last session of the day, and Cody and I had worked with all of the students that wanted observation, and many other students had already packed up for the day. babymilo36 is right that in such a case the instructors go out to keep an eye on things, demonstrate proper lines and passes to students, and have a little fun. As for looking back, there wasn't a whole lot going on behind us...

FWIW, there's another instructor around the 11:30 mark that is following students to observe them. We often will switch between following and leading a student within the same session so that we can demonstrate particular techniques.

CMRA #89
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 11:47 AM
Mr. HER6

Bike: 08 R6, 15 Ninja300

Holy crap that back straight is looooong! Looks like a ton of fun, but I don't think I could ever shell out that much for track fees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in