Body position question - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Body position question

Hey guys. Some what new to street riding and wanted some advice. Definitely plan on making it to the track soon. I haven't got my knee down yet, but I'm not to worried about that. I'm more concerned with proper positioning. Given how my tires look I'm wondering if im "hanging" off enough. I don't have any pics of me riding yet I do apologize for that. But I was hoping for some feedback base on how my tires look if that's possible. Thanks for the help guys. I should add on these rides I am in no way pushing the envelope considering I'm on the street.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1426653091490.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	253938   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1426653115182.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	253946   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1426653156287.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	253954   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1426653180569.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	253962  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 10:01 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff
Re: Body position question

Judging your body position by looking at pictures of tires is like learning to fcuk by sticking your dick in the mashed potatoes.

You're not going to learn shit, and everyone's going to be pissed you ruined their dinner.

The thing that everyone does wrong at first, which you're probably doing wrong too, is moving their ass way off the seat, instead of getting your head down and inside of the bike. Ride around at a comfortable pace, and practice getting your head & shoulders over, and don't move your ass at all. Think lead with your head into the turn. If you're turning left, once you're in position, you should be able to move your head to the right, and knock it against the left side of the windshield if you're in the right place.

Once you've got it drilled into your mind that moving your upper body towards the inside of the turn is the major movement, then start moving your ass over, so you've got at most one cheek off the seat.

Good luck and godspeed.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

HAHAHAHA, ok fair enough and understood. I am sure you are right. Thank you for the feedback, I will definitely work on that.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 10:52 PM
nom nom nom nom nom nom

Chill the **** out and stop looking at your tires. You shouldn't even be remotely concerned with your body position on the street.

Get your ass to a trackday and talk with an instructor for some one on one time, or listen to whatever they say in the classroom (if it is offered, take the "class" or whatever). You'll learn more in one day on the track than you'll learn in a year on the street.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Makes sense thanks. Kind of an unrelated question, but who do you guys go through for track days? I am in the bay area if that helps at all. I really want to get to one and finally have enough money put away for it.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 11:33 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That should get you started. Hopefully some northern CA people can chime in with the other local providers.

If you wanna come down to Buttonwillow, check out:

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Awesome thank you so much!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 03:38 AM
Reads the rulez

Bike: Turbo'd Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
Judging your body position by looking at pictures of tires is like learning to fcuk by sticking your dick in the mashed potatoes.

You're not going to learn shit, and everyone's going to be pissed you ruined their dinner.
Well that sums it up quite well. Nicely done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburgess05 View Post
I was going to continue to trash you rookie clowns but it's not even worth it. You're going to spend the rest of your days wasting away and possibility of aquiring talent because you're too ignorant and stubborn to realize you suck... but could be good. You all just keep proving my points.
NESBA "A"
WERA Expert
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 09:23 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: Kawasaki ZX6R & YamahaYZF

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygoerlitz View Post
Makes sense thanks. Kind of an unrelated question, but who do you guys go through for track days? I am in the bay area if that helps at all. I really want to get to one and finally have enough money put away for it.
Hahaha, this thread had me laughing earlier

Have you thought about a riding school at all? I'm a coach with the California Superbike School and we go to Laguna and Infineon which are both close :too cool: You enjoy a wicked fun day at the track while learning all the correct techniques like body position, throttle control, visual skills etc...

Let me know if you have any questions about CSS or riding tech in general and I'll do my best to answer.

In the mean time I've also got a riding blog and have done up a few articles that you may be interested in:

CHEERS!!!

"Leap and the net will appear!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 04:16 PM
1up,5down

Bike: 2003 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post

The thing that everyone does wrong at first, which you're probably doing wrong too, is moving their ass way off the seat, instead of getting your head down and inside of the bike. Ride around at a comfortable pace, and practice getting your head & shoulders over, and don't move your ass at all. Think lead with your head into the turn. If you're turning left, once you're in position, you should be able to move your head to the right, and knock it against the left side of the windshield if you're in the right place.

Once you've got it drilled into your mind that moving your upper body towards the inside of the turn is the major movement, then start moving your ass over, so you've got at most one cheek off the seat.

Good luck and godspeed.
this guy hit it right on the money... on my first few track days i was getting my ass off the seat, knee out and dragging and i felt as if i had decent body position. as i got faster i had an instructor follow me and he told me i was still too upright and to lean over and lead with my head... once i did this it felt much more comfortable. i was now literally on the side of the bike instead of on top of the bike. with this new body position the lean angle of my bike actually lessened and the bike felt more planted....

p.s. dont try to drag your knee! especially on the street! dragging of the knee is a RESULT of proper body position and technique...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in