Help needed - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
My R6 ate me

Bike: 2000 R6 TRACK ONLY
Help needed

the CFO has given me the go ahead to drop some $$$ into the bike.
it is a 2005 r6 stock except for a yosh slip-on not sure yet if i want to strip it and run track only or not so i want to keep all the necessary street going things def will not have any passengers so i can do with out the tail fairing and passenger pegs so that won't bring in much more but after all is said and done i thing ill end up with right around 3k to put into it what should i do with the money as i make the jump from novice to intermediate? have zero spares so bars and rear sets will be number one may get another set of wheels undecided there tho? what else should i consider?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 03:45 AM
Get Some..!

Bike: 08 R6
Re: Help needed

Stock suspension refreshed and valved /sprung for your weight. Front Braided lines, rear not necessary. A box with some spare levers, clip ons and rear sets etc., cost bugger all. Some fresh hypersport rubber in your favourite flavour and you are set to go. The more $$ you spend on seat time the further/faster you will go into intermediate...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 03:55 AM
My R6 eats EZpasses

Bike: Miss Kitty - 2009 WR250X

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDGRUNTZ View Post
it is a 2005 r6 stock except for a yosh slip-on not sure yet if i want to strip it and run track only or not so i want to keep all the necessary street going things def will not have any passengers so i can do with out the tail fairing and passenger pegs so that won't bring in much more but after all is said and done i thing ill end up with right around 3k to put into it what should i do with the money as i make the jump from novice to intermediate? have zero spares so bars and rear sets will be number one may get another set of wheels undecided there tho? what else should i consider?
I'm no expert... but I'm guessing if this is the goal your stock R6 should be fine, and you should spend the money on more track time
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
My R6 ate me

Bike: 2000 R6 TRACK ONLY
Mick, how far will stick suspension take me.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 11:56 AM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

I would wait until you're on your close to jumping from intermediate -> expert before you sink a bunch of money into suspension. Just make sure you've got fresh oil and decent settings for now.

Tires and track time will be the best bang-for-the-buck right now.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 12:02 PM
Hey...watch this

Bike: FZ1; R6; GL1800; SV650

Tires and time would be your best investment now. Traxxion springs and valves would be next, quickly followed by something made by Penske.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 12:09 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Mick, how far will stick suspension take me.
Ive seen guys win 65+ races in a season on plain old stock suspension.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 12:26 PM
IDGAF

Bike: 2014 R6

Quote:
Punctuation……
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I kid I kid…..sounds like everyone has you lined out….
Congrats on the go ahead from the boss. That is not a battle easily won in my house. Have fun & stay safe.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 04:54 PM
Reads the rulez

Bike: Turbo'd Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrected1 View Post
Punctuation……

After that, I would go to YCRS or some kind of riding school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburgess05 View Post
I was going to continue to trash you rookie clowns but it's not even worth it. You're going to spend the rest of your days wasting away and possibility of aquiring talent because you're too ignorant and stubborn to realize you suck... but could be good. You all just keep proving my points.
NESBA "A"
WERA Expert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in