Body positioning improvements - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Your mom eats my r6!!!

Bike: 07 R6, 09 Kawasaki KLX250
Garage
Body positioning improvements

Just comparing pictures from my first track day to my second track day, I feel I have made vast improvements.

Same turns. Gsxr was from first track day and r6 was from my second.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There is definite improvement in the next one. Not yet dragging knee, but close. It'll get there eventually.

What are your opinions of my improved BP?

Sent from

My build thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 03:59 PM
Pimpin'

Bike: '06 R6, '98 KX250
Re: Body positioning improvements

Excellent! I can see clearly that you have developed certain confidence. It's actually impressive how you managed to do so in only 2 trackdays. I wish we had a track here in Panama. Keep doing what youre doing!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Your mom eats my r6!!!

Garage

Thanks bud. I actually improved my lap times by 5-10 seconds over my best lap before. The first pic of me on the r6 was early in the day before I got with an instructor.

This was me and him towards the end of the day. I actually think I got a lil bit more lean than he does.

He said the only thing keeping me from moving to level 2 is that I need to consistently hit my lines.

He mentioned I was quicker when he followed me and I didn't hit my line compared to me following him and hitting them. He recommends a little more seat time and I should no problem moving from novice to intermediate and prolly to expert soon after that.

My goal is to have my racing license by the end of next year

Sent from

My build thread:

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Your mom eats my r6!!!

Garage

Sent from

My build thread:

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Your mom eats my r6!!!

Garage

Not sure if that link is valid or not, but that was at the end of the day with the instructor following me mostly.

Sent from

My build thread:

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 09:36 AM
Pimpin'

Bike: '06 R6, '98 KX250

Did you notice any difference between riding geometry from the gixxer to the r6?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Your mom eats my r6!!!

Garage
Body positioning improvements

R6 was definitely more aggressive. U sit lower into the Gsxr, it felt like. the Gsxr was not stock, by any means. Vortex rearsets, wood craft clip ons, etc. and my r6 lacks those aftermarket parts, but the I still felt the geometry of the r6 gave me more confidence. The weight difference also gave me confidence. The r6 is tons more nimble. I may ride the Gsxr again next time. I feel like if I can get good on it, getting on the r6, I would be really good, if that makes sense

Sent from

My build thread:

Last edited by tat2highway; 06-24-2015 at 11:44 AM.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 06:37 AM
Yamaha 4 Life

Improvement for sure, nice work!

A few things that I am always conscious of when hanging off the bike are:

1. Drag my outer arm across the tank.
2. Bend my inner elbow.
3. Make sure to get my head off the bike and look through the turn.

All of the above will help to get you where you need to be. Dont be too concerned about dragging knee. It will come with time and shouldnt be a focal point.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 10:19 AM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

More than body positioning, try to get used to the track and master the lines first. Looks like "X" marks the tip-in, apex and exit points and you seem to be missing quite a few of them.

BP will come in time and improvement has to be conscious effort. Mastering lines will help the most in terms of lap times.

Late entry can run you wide on exit, making you hold on throttle that much later, killing your drive.

BP doesnt look too bad, learn lines first, is my 2c.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Your mom eats my r6!!!

Garage

I totally agree. That's what my instructor said I needed to work on. Hitting my marks. It was my second track day ad my second time on that track. I plan on doing another there on the 8th of August and then another in October. I wanna get as good as I can for that track before I move to another track. Hitting my marks is pretty much all I'm gonna work on next time around. Then hopefully in October, they will clear me to either move up that day to level 2 or say it's fine to move up to level 2 the next track day.

Sent from

My build thread:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in