Outrunning a ZX-14 down the COTA back straight - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats everything.

Outrunning a ZX-14 down the COTA back straight

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Got a much better drive out of T11 than he did, and by the time he'd caught up it looks like we were going as fast as he cared to... hardly a scientific comparison, but I thought some here might like it. Camera bike is my 2014 R6.

CMRA #89

Last edited by ZachV; 06-25-2015 at 07:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 10:13 AM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6
Re: Outrunning a ZX-14 down the COTA back straight

Tis' all about the rider

Seen a goldwing at Cresson a few years back in A group....

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Pimpin'

Bike: '06 R6, '98 KX250

Hey Zack how long did you practiced before you could ride that well?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalo4to View Post
Hey Zack how long did you practiced before you could ride that well?
I've been riding motorcycles since I was a kid and doing trackdays for about 3 years now. I've also been to COTA for 10 trackdays, so I know that track pretty well.

That said, I'm nowhere near what the fast guys do at COTA. I can run about 2:37 on my R6, and the fastest local guys are doing about ten seconds better than that.

CMRA #89
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Pimpin'

Bike: '06 R6, '98 KX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachV View Post
I've been riding motorcycles since I was a kid and doing trackdays for about 3 years now. I've also been to COTA for 10 trackdays, so I know that track pretty well.

That said, I'm nowhere near what the fast guys do at COTA. I can run about 2:37 on my R6, and the fastest local guys are doing about ten seconds better than that.
I wish I had a track here. I only have twisties, which I regularly visit and repeat many times when I ride.

The closest track is in Costa Rica (La Guácima). I am seriously thinking about going.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 02:29 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
to put it in perspective... I just spent $650 to ride Laguna. A $500 COTA track day doesnt seem all that expensive now!
Worked out to about $50/session.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 01:55 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Late apex before the straight is hard to beat, good job! On top of that, you seem to have a much more solid brake reference point.

MOTORCYCLING. If a Harley is catching up, you're doing it wrong.
09 Yamaha R6 - track only
06 Honda 599

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 02:07 PM
Reads the rulez

Bike: Turbo'd Ruckus

Quote:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Got a much better drive out of T11 than he did, and by the time he'd caught up it looks like we were going as fast as he cared to... hardly a scientific comparison, but I thought some here might like it. Camera bike is my 2014 R6.
His line going into that corner before the straight was pure garbage. Regardless, given his more than double displacement advantage, he still should have caught you. No way he was actually ripping on that thing unless it was running on only 2 cylinders. I'm guessing you were coaching the novice group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburgess05 View Post
I was going to continue to trash you rookie clowns but it's not even worth it. You're going to spend the rest of your days wasting away and possibility of aquiring talent because you're too ignorant and stubborn to realize you suck... but could be good. You all just keep proving my points.
NESBA "A"
WERA Expert
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Side View Post
His line going into that corner before the straight was pure garbage. Regardless, given his more than double displacement advantage, he still should have caught you. No way he was actually ripping on that thing unless it was running on only 2 cylinders. I'm guessing you were coaching the novice group?
I was control riding in Intermediate. I agree that there's no way he was in the powerband for the first couple of gears.

CMRA #89
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Make good choices.

Bike: R6, SV, KTM300, Tiger 800

You can see him stab on the brakes as he catches up to. He was probably just afraid to pass you on the inside with the brake zone rapidly approaching.

AFM #77
Thanks for the support in 2017

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in