Track day tomorrow gonna be a burne! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Doc-Ram

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 05 r6
Track day tomorrow gonna be a burne!

Track day tomorrow will be by far the hottest if been to. Supposed to be 95ish both days got some gatorade water fruit and some protein bars and such anything else I should go for? Don't wanna over do it but it will be 20* hotter than any day ive spent at the track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 03:36 PM
Lifetime Premium

What track are you going to?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 04:21 PM
( . Y . )

Bike: OH FOUR R599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zma1208 View Post
Track day tomorrow will be by far the hottest if been to. Supposed to be 95ish both days got some gatorade water fruit and some protein bars and such anything else I should go for? Don't wanna over do it but it will be 20* hotter than any day ive spent at the track.
That's not to bad, it could be a lot worse.
Just remeber to keep hydrated. Drink both water and Gatorade between every session and don't forget the easy up

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 05:20 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6
Re: Track day tomorrow gonna be a burne!

You should start hydrating 3 days in advance so the body can retain the fluids. The day of trackday will not help much, if at all.

Banana to help keep potassium up, pedialyte instead of sugarade...i mean gatorade. 4 bottles of water to one bottle of electrolyte. Atleast 1.5 bottles (500ml/bottle) every hour is what I do.

Coconut water also has potassium to help with sweating loss of salts.

95F is not that bad at all
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'd take that over the 112F days we have sometimes in Buttonwillow and 110F at Thunderhill (CA tracks)
The Evil Twin likes this.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

The track day is at ncm in bowling green.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

I went to road Atlanta a few years back and had some mechanical issues didn't see the track. It was 105 I told myself I'd never I do it again in July or early August for that reason haha
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 09:59 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Doc -ram
I agree with you about coconut water.
I drink a litre every track day and prefer it over Gator aid .
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 06:39 AM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

as Doc-ram stated above.. start hydrating WAY before the event. Drinking water or whatever on the way to the track won't cut it on these days. You need to start at LEAST a day ahead. Then during the day, 1 bottle of water an hour minimum.. if you realize you haven't pissed for a few hours, and when you do it's dark, you are already dehydrated to some degree. A guy pitted next to me at Roebling Road spend 5 hours in the ambulance getting 2 liters of saline infused via IV. He literally face planted next to his bike... and i FREAKIN TOLD HIM hours earlier he looked like shit and had better get some water "i drank a bottle on the way here" he said.
And and EZUP, get one, or borrow one. DO NOT sit in the sun unshaded.

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles

My racin n' ridin youtube vids
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 07:24 AM
Motosylum Racing #132

Bike: R6, ZX6, R1200, 400 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Ram View Post
You should start hydrating 3 days in advance so the body can retain the fluids. The day of trackday will not help much, if at all.

Banana to help keep potassium up, pedialyte instead of sugarade...i mean gatorade. 4 bottles of water to one bottle of electrolyte. Atleast 1.5 bottles (500ml/bottle) every hour is what I do.

Coconut water also has potassium to help with sweating loss of salts.

95F is not that bad at all
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'd take that over the 112F days we have sometimes in Buttonwillow and 110F at Thunderhill (CA tracks)
Yep. 3 days would be ideal. Pissing clear all the time.
Sugarade is NOT ideal. Maybe one bottle spread out the entire day. They got rid of the HFCS, which is good but sucrose or sugar is actually a good osmotic diuretic. Too much and you will get the opposite intended effect.
I use the Pedialyte packets. Max of 2 a day and with nearly twice the water (32oz instead of the suggested 20). Coconut water is awesome too. Plain water is best though.
Stay away from anything high protein during the day. It takes a lot of work for your body to process it. Work= heat. Watery fruits are good- pineapple, oranges, watermelon, kiwi. Man I love kiwi. Veggies are good too. The carbs will provide enough energy but your body can convert them 50% easier compared to protein.

2017 #1 Middleweight F40, #3 Formula 40, #5 GTU, #10 Middleweight GP
2016 Middleweight F40 Track Champion, #3 Formula 40, #3 Middleweight F40, #8 Middleweight GP
2016 Sportsmanship Award, 2015 Crash & Burn Award, 2014 Sportsmanship Award, 2013 Amateur of the Year

#132 Proudly representing DC-Moto.net,
, and

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in