COTA Sept. 12th - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Garage
COTA Sept. 12th

Anyone here going? Yes it's stupid expensive, but it's one of those one time bucket list things.
Figured since CMRA will never race there because of cost might as well go for a track day and sample a world premier track.

CMRA #60
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: Kobe XI
Re: COTA Sept. 12th

I went earlier this year and had a blast. The back straight is amazing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I went earlier this year and had a blast. The back straight is amazing.
I emailed the tire guy that does the COTA events with ridesmart about possible gearing for 08 R6, he suggested -1 front and +2 or 3 rear. Sound right?
I don't want to be bouncing off the rev limiter while I'm still too far from the braking zone.

CMRA #60

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 07:36 AM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by factoryride View Post
I emailed the tire guy that does the COTA events with ridesmart about possible gearing for 08 R6, he suggested -1 front and +2 or 3 rear. Sound right?

I don't want to be bouncing off the rev limiter while I'm still too far from the braking zone.

Oh hell no lol. I run -1/+1 and still almost topped out. COTA is a fast flowing track. If it were technical like MSRH, -1/+2 would be okay but even still I think it's too short.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Garage
Right on. Thanks for the info. Is the track hard on tires? Bringing an extra rear just in case.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Quote:
Right on. Thanks for the info. Is the track hard on tires? Bringing an extra rear just in case.
Not particularly. It's pretty smooth so you should be okay but depends on your current rear condition and pace.
factoryride likes this.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Garage

Quote:
Not particularly. It's pretty smooth so you should be okay but depends on your current rear condition and pace.
Thanks for the advice. Went with -1 and stock and almost topped out down that back straight.
Tires had four sprints on them and were good. Rear was starting to go at the end of the day but managed to put in my best time on my last session.
Not running race pace but managed a 2:28.741 with a clear lap. Not sure what the fast guys are running. I'm assuming low 20's?

CMRA #60
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 07:32 PM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Went with -1 and stock and almost topped out down that back straight.
Tires had four sprints on them and were good. Rear was starting to go at the end of the day but managed to put in my best time on my last session.
Not running race pace but managed a 2:28.741 with a clear lap. Not sure what the fast guys are running. I'm assuming low 20's?
Awesome, glad you had fun! Not sure what the fast guys were running. I was just out there to have fun. Was it packed?

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Garage

Quote:
Awesome, glad you had fun! Not sure what the fast guys were running. I was just out there to have fun. Was it packed?
Group 3 wasn't too bad. I made sure after the first couple of sessions to make it out to pit out when they made the call so I didn't have too much traffic.
The other groups seemed completely full.

CMRA #60
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 02:07 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: Kawasaki ZX6R & YamahaYZF

California Superbike School just announced the 2016 Schedule which includes a few dates at COTA!!!!

For the bucket list
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Leap and the net will appear!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in