Neck Braces at the track? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Neck Braces at the track?

Just wondering if any of you guys wear a neck brace at the track, and if so do you recommend one in particular?

I just got into doing track days and dropped a pretty hefty chunk of change on my suit and other gear, but I haven't gotten a neck brace yet. Was wondering if it's something I should definitely invest in down the road or not. Not sure if I've ever noticed the Moto GP guys wearing them but I may have just not noticed it either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

I was looking at this neck brace in particular.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 08:10 PM
track junkie

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
Re: Neck Braces at the track?

i don't have one, but it's not a bad idea...

...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
WERA Expert #68

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 02:00 AM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

dont know about neck brace, but many folks have started using airbags these days. I bought one of these --
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, never had to use it yet

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 04:29 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

At that price point... HitAir

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 05:14 AM
Motosylum Racing #132

Bike: R6, ZX6, R1200, 400 XC-W

Air vest. The brace doesn't protect your ribs or your Clavicle and Acromion.

2017 #1 Middleweight F40, #3 Formula 40, #5 GTU, #10 Middleweight GP
2016 Middleweight F40 Track Champion, #3 Formula 40, #3 Middleweight F40, #8 Middleweight GP
2016 Sportsmanship Award, 2015 Crash & Burn Award, 2014 Sportsmanship Award, 2013 Amateur of the Year

#132 Proudly representing DC-Moto.net,
, and

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 05:43 AM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Ram View Post
dont know about neck brace, but many folks have started using airbags these days. I bought one of these --
, never had to use it yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
At that price point... HitAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
I've been looking into the hitair vests, but I'm confused on sizing. Should chest measurements be taken with the suit on, or suit off? I fall into the XL size range with no suit, but they only sell two sizes - Medium (which covers S to XL) and Large (covers XL to 3XL). I've tried to ask distributors, but haven't gotten any replies.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 06:27 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseager View Post
I've been looking into the hitair vests, but I'm confused on sizing. Should chest measurements be taken with the suit on, or suit off? I fall into the XL size range with no suit, but they only sell two sizes - Medium (which covers S to XL) and Large (covers XL to 3XL). I've tried to ask distributors, but haven't gotten any replies.

suit on... large can be snugged down.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 10:33 AM
Motosylum Racing #132

Bike: R6, ZX6, R1200, 400 XC-W

Yep. Suit on. You will want a Large. That is pretty much what everyone wears (except for some women).

Edit- I just looked at mine. It says "US/EU XL-2XL" but it is the RS-1 model

2017 #1 Middleweight F40, #3 Formula 40, #5 GTU, #10 Middleweight GP
2016 Middleweight F40 Track Champion, #3 Formula 40, #3 Middleweight F40, #8 Middleweight GP
2016 Sportsmanship Award, 2015 Crash & Burn Award, 2014 Sportsmanship Award, 2013 Amateur of the Year

#132 Proudly representing DC-Moto.net,
, and

Last edited by The Evil Twin; 03-15-2016 at 10:42 AM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 01:56 PM
track junkie

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
acromion?

you've either broken a lot of shit or you're a doctor. i've only been hurt just enough so i know that's a body part. like, a human body part...

...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
WERA Expert #68
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in