Suspension Setup - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 09 R6
Suspension Setup

I'll confess: I am a little hard headed and most times dismiss some good advice for no reason. For once, after hearing it time and time and time again primarily from track junkies and some pretty darn good racers, I decided to shell out the $40 at the last track meet to get my suspension setup for my weight.

Whoa!

The R6 is new to me and I have less than about 200 miles on it and i honestly hated it. It was not comfortable at all, threw me about and was quite stiff....till I got the suspension work done. My level of confidence went way up the roof once that was done and unfortunately that track day was cancelled right before I could get back on the track cause of the rain. I was able to take it out on the streets the following weekend and wow..it now fits like a glove.

I can't wait for my first official track day with this thing now that i have tires and the suspension done. Doesn't hurt that I have a good suit and boots too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 10:20 AM
Motosylum Racing #132

Bike: R6, ZX6, R1200, 400 XC-W
Re: Suspension Setup

It's night and day, isn't it? The right spring and settings will make it a totally different animal.

2017 #1 Middleweight F40, #3 Formula 40, #5 GTU, #10 Middleweight GP
2016 Middleweight F40 Track Champion, #3 Formula 40, #3 Middleweight F40, #8 Middleweight GP
2016 Sportsmanship Award, 2015 Crash & Burn Award, 2014 Sportsmanship Award, 2013 Amateur of the Year

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#132 Proudly representing DC-Moto.net,
, and

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 01:58 PM
track junkie

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

good! now stop being hard-headed and listen next time!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
WERA Expert #68

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 06:07 PM
Just lean harder...

Bike: 07 R6s

I wish I could find someone within 150 miles that could actually help me setup my suspension. I would pay 3 times that.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Reads the rulez

Bike: Turbo'd Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
I wish I could find someone within 150 miles that could actually help me setup my suspension. I would pay 3 times that.
Which part of VA are you in? I have Thermosman do all my suspension set up. Just mail it out to him and I get it back and it's set up. If I have any questions about set up for a specific track, I shoot him an email. He's probably forgotten more about suspension than most of us combined on this forum will ever know...I trust his knowledge and ability to set up suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburgess05 View Post
I was going to continue to trash you rookie clowns but it's not even worth it. You're going to spend the rest of your days wasting away and possibility of aquiring talent because you're too ignorant and stubborn to realize you suck... but could be good. You all just keep proving my points.
NESBA "A"
WERA Expert
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 09 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post
good! now stop being hard-headed and listen next time!
I am completely humbled and put in my place. I heard the same thing about tracking a bike.....and it is so friggin true. I'm all ears now trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
It's night and day, isn't it? The right spring and settings will make it a totally different animal.
Night and Day! Best analogy to fit how much better it feels. So after all my reading I'm saving up for an ECU flash. I'm in no rush...want to get a few track days under my belt first to get used to the way it handles as the more experienced riders have suggested.

Now why is the 30th so far away??????
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 07:23 PM
Motosylum Racing #132

Bike: R6, ZX6, R1200, 400 XC-W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Side View Post
Which part of VA are you in? I have Thermosman do all my suspension set up. Just mail it out to him and I get it back and it's set up. If I have any questions about set up for a specific track, I shoot him an email. He's probably forgotten more about suspension than most of us combined on this forum will ever know...I trust his knowledge and ability to set up suspension.
Yep. T Man is da man! He has done my junk for years. Won a regional with what he sent me and I just bolted it on. Minimal fiddling for different tracks of course.
If you are looking to better your street suspension he will do that too. If you just need basic settings for what you have Sport Rider Magazine will come really close.

Last edited by The Evil Twin; 03-15-2016 at 07:28 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 03:26 PM
track junkie

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

i've heard of thermosman, but have never met him. all the stuff i've heard has been great, tho...

...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
WERA Expert #68
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 03:46 PM
My R6 eats EZpasses

Bike: Miss Kitty - 2009 WR250X

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
Yep. T Man is da man! He has done my junk for years. Won a regional with what he sent me and I just bolted it on. Minimal fiddling for different tracks of course.
If you are looking to better your street suspension he will do that too. If you just need basic settings for what you have Sport Rider Magazine will come really close.
Where is he exactly? This has been on my to-do list forever.....
Nate110 likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 06:00 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorv View Post
Where is he exactly? This has been on my to-do list forever.....

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

he is always pretty busy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in