Frame Slider Recommendation? (07 R6 Sharkskinz Race) - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Team Yammars

Arrow Frame Slider Recommendation? (07 R6 Sharkskinz Race)

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Team Yamaha and I got my first Yamaha r6 bike (2007 R6 Track). I love this R6!! I'm not a new rider, I've had a two different Gixxers in the past and before that, I started with an old Ninja 250.

Anyways, the track bike that I recently purchased uses Sharkskins racing fairing. I want to purchase new frame sliders but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with sharkskinz race fairings and no-cut frame sliders. I'm hoping for frame sliders that come out a decent way to protect my plastics but also one that does not require cutting or other modifications to the fairings. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 09:57 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6
Re: Frame Slider Recommendation? (07 R6 Sharkskinz Race)

Don't waste your time with the No-Cut frame sliders. You need it to bolt straight to the frame with no other brackets. It can be the longest frame slider out there to protect your entire side but as soon as that bike goes down in a slide I can almost assure you it will bend or break rendering the slider useless and causing potential frame damage from the twisting. I know nothing about the sharkskinz fairings so not sure on how they fit in that area. But I still think your better off modifying the fairings to fit proper frame sliders. I know woodcraft make quality products and will be going on my bike in the coming weeks.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 10:34 AM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

I dont prefer no-cuts either for street or track. Weakest point is the bracket that the slider mounts on and eventually has most likelihood to fail, causing damage to the engine mount location.

I use Woodcraft sliders and had to cut the bodywork to mount them. I use this on my R6 track bike and R3 race bike (being built now). They dont stick out too long that they can catch and cause bike to flip.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Team Yammars

Okay, sounds like it a frame slider that is on the frame and I will need to cut. No problems. That's why I'm asking. I'd rather be safe. Thanks for that.

Do you folks have any recommendation on a slider that sticks out a little more than others. I think mine only sticks out barely half an inch. I would like more protection. Thanks
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 02:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2007 Candy Red R6

IMO, i would go for the wood craft frame slider. it's solid and if you ever have to replace it, it's easy enough to buy just the replacement puck part instead of the complete set.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 03:52 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelex View Post
Okay, sounds like it a frame slider that is on the frame and I will need to cut. No problems. That's why I'm asking. I'd rather be safe. Thanks for that.

Do you folks have any recommendation on a slider that sticks out a little more than others. I think mine only sticks out barely half an inch. I would like more protection. Thanks
Frame slider is for frame protection, not bodywork protection. The lesser it sticks out, the better
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sharkskinz crashes very well (in most cases) or you can repair them if damaged. Try not to buy ones that stick out a lot or it'll catch and flip the bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_1972 View Post
IMO, i would go for the wood craft frame slider. it's solid and if you ever have to replace it, it's easy enough to buy just the replacement puck part instead of the complete set.
^^ +1

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 07:03 PM
Motosylum Racing #132

Bike: R6, ZX6, R1200, 400 XC-W
Another vote for Woodcraft. The "race" version sticks out minimally from the body. They aren't body savers. You want the bike streamlined as much as possible to keep it sliding and not flipping or breaking off the slider with the bolt still in the engine.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Team Yammars

Oh, I see. I didn't even think about that. Woodcraft it is then. Makes complete sense. Thanks for the recommendation all.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Ow ,NuckenFuts

Bike: 2007 R6

Woodcraft
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 R6,
Mods/ Bauce Racing ECM flash, Bauce Racing suspension tune, Leo Vince Italia can W/ Y-Pipe , BMC race filter, AGG Block off plates, Woodcraft spools, Woodcraft frame sliders, Woodcraft axle sliders, 3 piece Leo Vince carbon fiber engine covers, C3 tank grip, Carbon fiber tank pad, GPR-V4 stabilizer, SlowBoyRacing reservoir cover's, Puig Racing screen, Graves fender eliminator, MotoDynamic flush mount signals W/ running lights, MotoDynamic integrated programmable tail light.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 08:19 PM
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_1972 View Post
+1, i've crashed a few bikes on the track and the woodcrafts have done great. easy to replace the puck when u need a new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in