Trackday mods - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2013 R6
Trackday mods

I have a 2013 R6. Next year I'd like to do my first Trackday and was wondering if there are any mods you'd recommend doing over the winter to get ready for it? Right now other than some cosmetic mods, I have case savers, axle sliders and Tech Spec pads on the bike. I plan on mounting a set of Q3's over the winter and getting my suspension set up for my weight in the spring, after I drop a few more lbs. Otherwise the bike is stock. I still plan on riding the bike on the street, but can definitely see some track time in my future. Any suggestions on any additional mods, or does it look like I'd be good to go for now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 04:51 PM
I eat my R6

Re: Trackday mods

Safety wire the oil filter and drain plug. Other than that you only need seat time. Good luck, track is very addictive. Worst than heroin lol

Sent from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Straight Success likes this.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 09:30 PM
My R6 eats me.

Steel braided lines, good set of pads, and good brake fluid on the front

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 03:38 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpratt847 View Post
Steel braided lines, good set of pads, and good brake fluid on the front
This
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 07:34 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

case savers = good idea
axle sliders = worthless

Suspension & tires = good idea

only thing Id suggest is getting rid of the stock clip ons & get some that are adjustable. Less than $150 and makes a HUGE difference in feel.

Refrain from doing the whole "soooperbike mods" thing that many feel they need. Honestly I would
spend money on the BEST gear you can afford plus an ass ton of seat time. I would let the course of your riding dictate what you need from there.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 09:25 AM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

case covers, SS brake lines, brake pads

Once you get faster, and decide to do double street/track duty, then get spare wheels with track/race tires

Other than that, just seat time. Stock bike will do a lot more than most of us, although, for feel, suspension mods do really help with confidence (once you get to fast group pace)

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 02:28 PM
track junkie

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
case savers = good idea
axle sliders = worthless

only thing Id suggest is getting rid of the stock clip ons & get some that are adjustable. Less than $150 and makes a HUGE difference in feel.

Refrain from doing the whole "soooperbike mods" thing that many feel they need. Honestly I would
spend money on the BEST gear you can afford plus an ass ton of seat time. I would let the course of your riding dictate what you need from there.
this!

...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
WERA Expert #68
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 06:00 PM
My R6 eats me.

Nothing just ride it! If you have stock pads you may consider replacement I use Vesrah. I like the XX compound

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 12:52 AM
Still trying to eat my R6

Bike: 08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
case savers = good idea
axle sliders = worthless

Just curious, why are axle sliders worthless?

Mods: Bauce Racing ECU Flash, PCV, Custom Dyno Tune, MJS Mid-Pipe, Graves Carbon Fiber Slip-On, Graves Smog Block Off Plates, Graves Bar Ends, Galfer Front & Rear Brake Lines, Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen, Woodcraft Front & Rear Axle Sliders, Woodcraft Cut Frame Sliders, Woodcraft Slider Spools, Woodcraft Engine Covers, T-Rex Clutch Sliders, Stompgrip Tank Pads, Shorai Battery, 6k Xentec HIDs, K&N Air Filter, Fender Eliminator, Motodynamic Integrated Taillight, Hot Bodies Flush Mount Turn Signals & Pazzo Levers.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 04:07 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbsMcGee View Post
Just curious, why are axle sliders worthless?
they dont protect anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in