FTECU Auto Blipper problem - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By suzuka_joe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2018 R6
FTECU Auto Blipper problem

I am having a major issue with my auto blipper from ftecu. According to the conversation I had with a FTECU representative, I have everything installed correctly I even sent multiple pictures to them of all the wiring. The QSS system is working perfect, but the blipper part takes a tremendous amount of pressure to trigger the sensor. Like I have to literally stand on the shift lever for it to clunk into lower gear. I am pretty convinced that the "push" sensor is faulty. The only way I can get it to downshift is by slightly blipping the throttle myself. I have flashed the ecu with the auto blipper enabled. Any thoughts on what the problem might be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:13 AM

Re: FTECU Auto Blipper problem

I have the exact same problem. Only one side works, the black pull side. The bike absolutely refuses to see both push and pull. I have tested continuity everyway to sunday and it all beeps just fine. I firmly believe that this bike will not receive 2 inputs. Or there is a step missing from their software or instructions. Dont get me started on their support (lame) I do not recommend this product for this bike. It doesnt work.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:15 AM

I wonder if this has something to do with how hard it is to get the OEM QSS to enable. There is alot online about guys not being able to enable that option either.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 04:53 PM

I went with translogic and its money
LiquidAreSix likes this.

17 R6 track bike
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:09 PM
I beat my R6.

Bike: 2018 R1M, 2018 S1000R

I don't know if it's a Yamaha thing or if it's just FTEcu, but I know on the R1M, the autoblipper doesn't always function when I'm just coasting. I've had better luck applying pressure on the shifter before I come off the throttle and it'll blip in perfectly. The blipper also seems to work a little better at higher RPMs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in