First Track Day Crash. Please critique video! - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
1up,5down

Bike: 2003 r6
Re: First Track Day Crash. Please critique video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
I do this on the highway and the streets and I'm still here. If I don't do this the bikes leans more which is unsafe. The more upright the safer.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:13 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WristTwister View Post

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thank Michelins : )
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
1up,5down

Bike: 2003 r6

Quote:
thank Michelins : )
Quote:
I do this on the highway and the streets and I'm still here. If I don't do this the bikes leans more which is unsafe. The more upright the safer.

Please stop posting in my thread

Last edited by WristTwister; 02-13-2019 at 12:25 PM.

post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:28 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WristTwister View Post

Please stop posting in my thread
Why are you mad? What tires were you using when you went down?

Last edited by AntDX316; 02-13-2019 at 12:31 PM.
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 03:37 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
hopefully for not much longer! Ill pray winter comes to an abrupt end so you can continue demonstrating your idiocy!
Why dont you post a pic of your current tires.
WristTwister and Flyers28 like this.
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 04:44 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

Ya'll play nice. Don't make me come back there with my belt.
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:50 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
hopefully for not much longer! Ill pray winter comes to an abrupt end so you can continue demonstrating your idiocy!
Why dont you post a pic of your current tires.
People were freaking out that I have chicken strips on the street.
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 05:45 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

People get mad at you because you constantly are posting on here telling others how to ride (presumably incorrectly) with absolutely zero instruction from a track day school (or anyone but yourself for that matter). You then continue to relate motogp riding to everyday riding when what they are doing on the track should not be emulated on the street. Those guys are on the limit of traction, somewhere you shouldn't even be getting close to on the street, so their riding style is that way for a reason. You're just expelling way, way more energy then you need to riding that way on the street, plus you look ridiculous hanging off with 5 degrees of angle but that's beside the point.

So here's a tip, either take a track day school or let the track guys with experience critique each others riding. You might even learn a thing or two if you just read what they have to say and stop thinking you know it all. A lot of these people on here have a ton of experience and are very informative.
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 04:46 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

Track conditions strive to be as perfect as possible. This affords one the ability to ride with less reserve. Street, that ain't the case. Didn't notice that stick or bit of sand at the intersection? Wet roads, road plates, manhole covers, sewer grades, oil slick, cold pavement, icy overpass, craters, dips, road wrinkles, varmints and critters, unpredictable children, pedestrians, rapid lane changer, etc, etc, etc? The number of variables that a track rider must worry about is considerably less. That's what allows for the higher speeds. When it comes to having a little fun on the street, you must be *hyper* opportunistic. Too often I've seen other riders, (and probably myself on rare occasions though I privately chastise myself afterward,) take unnecessary risks, forcing a situation rather than wait for a better opportunity down the road.
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 05:13 PM
Touchdown!

Bike: 2012 R6
Send a message via Skype™ to Straight Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
Track conditions strive to be as perfect as possible. This affords one the ability to ride with less reserve. Street, that ain't the case. Didn't notice that stick or bit of sand at the intersection? Wet roads, road plates, manhole covers, sewer grades, oil slick, cold pavement, icy overpass, craters, dips, road wrinkles, varmints and critters, unpredictable children, pedestrians, rapid lane changer, etc, etc, etc? The number of variables that a track rider must worry about is considerably less. That's what allows for the higher speeds. When it comes to having a little fun on the street, you must be *hyper* opportunistic. Too often I've seen other riders, (and probably myself on rare occasions though I privately chastise myself afterward,) take unnecessary risks, forcing a situation rather than wait for a better opportunity down the road.
Well put. Real rap.

Chillin'... while the Lord watches over me!

I love my R6, but...there's no buts...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in