Biggest cause of FEAR? - Page 7 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 04:22 PM
I eat my R6

Re: Biggest cause of FEAR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misti View Post
Well, I have a hard time really understanding much of what you write in your posts but the above sentence I can grasp and agree with. Practice as much as possible, learn the fundamental skills in a safe environment because when you are suddenly required to make and emergency evasive maneuver or emergency brake to avoid something you want to make sure that you have trained those reactions into you. Doesn't do any good if you panic in the most critical moments. Practice makes perfect and the more you practice something the better chance that you will react correctly in that moment.

Here is an example. I took the California Superbike School as a student before I became a coach and did all four levels of rider training. I had the chance to ride the slide bike which teaches you what to do if the rear end starts to slide. (Prior to riding this I had had 3 or 4 nasty race high sides and no concept of exactly why or what had caused them). After learning how to slide the bike safely and NOT chop the throttle I felt more confident in my overall riding. THEN, I was in another race and got on the gas too hard exiting a corner, the rear end started to slide and instead of panicking and chopping the gas like I would have in the past, I kept the gas steady and calmly let off a little bit until the bike regained traction and off I went again. It was the coolest feeling to actually MAKE a riding decision that I knew prevented a serious crash. The more skills you can arm yourself with, the better your chances are that you will react correctly when needed.

Anyone else have any stories like this? How you learned an important riding skill that you used later on to prevent a crash or incident?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yeah, I started motorbiking pretty much on an RC nitro bike. I learned how it should look like then applied it to real-life. When it starts to wheelie immediately get off the throttle or it will loop and tumble 50 times. If I didn't learn this and learned it in real-life it would be different today.

I can't maybe ride like I used to because I braked too hard and endoed on my e-bike. Right wrist is still kind of bust. I had a situation where I leaned over at least 45 degrees by accident but I kept on the gas. If I had a superbike at the time w/ no TCS I would have already went down at 140+!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 05:07 PM
I eat my R6

Also the only reasons why I posted what I've posted imperatively before was I was trying to get people to listen to know what to do on the weakpoints and loopholes that exist but realizing how the world is and the capabilities at my discretion I don't stress about it too much. I would work on a presentation for people to believe but if I never have some sort of "school" involvement I just won't do it but I am right. You can still do things whether people know about it or just yourself. Somethings make absolutely Zero difference if anyone else other than You know. Seeking validation for things is fine if we can't understand if it works or not ourselves but when we know it Does work, having people tell you it doesn't is just a waste of time if analyzed at full-time. I just take mental notes and see if they are right or why they are wrong rather than dismiss and ignore it. Having such data is important to me but I don't stress about it too much as I've used to.
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:47 AM
Hey...watch this

Bike: FZ1; R6; GL1800; SV650

Wow. I power wheelie out of almost every turn and I've never looped or tumbled even once, much less 50 times. But then, I did not learn to ride on a RC nitro.
Flyers28 likes this.

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:48 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1guy View Post
Wow. I power wheelie out of almost every turn and I've never looped or tumbled even once, much less 50 times. But then, I did not learn to ride on a RC nitro.
With my tune and setup, 1st gear can hit 45 degrees under power. For me I learn how it's supposed to look like then I do it in real-life myself if possible. If it's something like backflipping, front flipping, side flipping, I just give up after attempting but it feels way more dangerous than doing 160+ because at 160+ in the dry it's just more of having control. With gymnastics, if you **** up somewhere in the process you are ****ed. At least w/ riding you can turn, brake, and accelerate still.
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:08 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

I do front wheel stands out of most turns at 90 degree angles.
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:22 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
I do front wheel stands out of most turns at 90 degree angles.
Pffft...I took my front wheel off...wheelies or GTFO!
misti likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in