Can you recommend a good track/track day organization for a beginner? - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 10:07 PM
Reads the rulez

Bike: Turbo'd Ruckus
Re: Can you recommend a good track/track day organization for a beginner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Success View Post
I rode with them yesterday. It seems like they are like fairly organized. I had fun and there were a decent group of folks out and about. People were friendly and helpful, and it was my first time back on the track in a year after my crash at LS. They told me I had to start in intro even with my history. They informed me I could get evaluated after during my first sesssion. I'm guessing it's a "cover your ass" method with them to ensure people are placed in the correct group. It was fine, and I was bumped after my first session. Thank God and the control riders because the novice traffic was horrendous (for a faster pace rider). The rest of the day I rode Intermediate. There were some pretty fast guys in the group running A Group/Expert paces (1:36s). It was fun riding with them.

When everthing was said and done, I had a good day. Having to remember the passing rules in I Group are different the E Group, it was, ehhhh - I like A Group but I have to iron out a few things to get back to a smooth rhythm. I was hesitant in my riding, and I'm thinking it was the crash from LS holding me back.

In short N2 was decent. I'm guessing the more you ride with them, the smoother everything will continue to get. Would I ride with them again in the future? Most likely.

Next I'm off to check out Evolve GT.

Oh, and BTW the way, this was the worst trackday ever in regard to the weather. I thought I was going to die. It was like 80 something with a 1000% humidity. It was bad.

EDIT: I'm sure the experince at N2 for Novice riders are different from mine because I have a little more seat time running in a different group. You'll have to check it out for yourself. There was one guy there in Novice who wanted to get bumped the first few sessions, but by the end of the day, he was like, I'm fine right here. He fell on his last session. He was okay and so was the bike. I'm thinking the heat and fatigue. I had to sit out the last session as it was HOTTTT, and most of us were extremely tired.

It's a crap shoot from the org stand point. Gotta put yourself in their shoes...if you're running an org, can you really take the word on every person that comes through the door? Like you just experienced, there's others that think they are ready, when in fact, they are anything but.

So if you get someone like you with decent past experience, it's a one and done type session and you're out of there. The long time club riders appreciate it - would you want that guy tossed in Intermediate group with you?

Out of all the years of running with the org, the only people I've ran into that's had a problem with that system are the ones that aren't fast enough to be in the group they think they should be in.
Straight Success and misti like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburgess05 View Post
I was going to continue to trash you rookie clowns but it's not even worth it. You're going to spend the rest of your days wasting away and possibility of aquiring talent because you're too ignorant and stubborn to realize you suck... but could be good. You all just keep proving my points.
NESBA "A"
WERA Expert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 11:09 PM
Touchdown!

Bike: 2012 R6
Send a message via Skype™ to Straight Success
Re: Can you recommend a good track/track day organization for a beginner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Side View Post
It's a crap shoot from the org stand point. Gotta put yourself in their shoes...if you're running an org, can you really take the word on every person that comes through the door? Like you just experienced, there's others that think they are ready, when in fact, they are anything but.

So if you get someone like you with decent past experience, it's a one and done type session and you're out of there. The long time club riders appreciate it - would you want that guy tossed in Intermediate group with you?

Out of all the years of running with the org, the only people I've ran into that's had a problem with that system are the ones that aren't fast enough to be in the group they think they should be in.
I agree with the logic.

It wasn't that bad looking back on it.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I came out of turn 12 leaned over knee damn near scraping the curbing with the throttle pinned. I saw the coach waiving people by on the straight. I went past him at WOT in novice group. Banged down two gears going into turn 1, and accelerated away.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I got in the paddock after the session and the control rider/coach was like, "who was that who came by me?"

He looked at me and said, "it was you, wasn't it?"

I just laughed.

He said, "yeah, we got you!"

I'm not saying this to try and claim that I'm fast. I've seen who's fast out there. I'm just trying to improve.
misti likes this.

Chillin'... while the Lord watches over me!

I love my R6, but...there's no buts...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in