Opinions Please - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Architeuthis Japonica

Bike: '06 YZFR6
Opinions Please

This is a downhill, right hander. Worst kind of corner for me. My foot positioning is wrong and lazy - and generally embarrassing. What else can be improved? Don't feel that you need to be nice. I want to learn!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	turn9.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	13070  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 08:10 AM

Re: Opinions Please

I dont know how long you have been riding but I would said yes your foot position needs to be fixed, you should be on the ball of your foot. I also dont know if your coming out of the corner or not but maybe look thru the corner more and get alittle lower on the bike so your lean angle doesnt run out as fast and your center of balance is better. =) looking pretty good tho! what track is that?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Architeuthis Japonica

Bike: '06 YZFR6

I've done about 10 months of proper track riding in which I've done 8 or so track days. The track is Eastern Creek in Sydney, Australia and that is just after the apex of turn 9 on exit.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 10:31 AM
im back

Bike: '02 R6
Send a message via AIM to 808r6 Send a message via Skype™ to 808r6

i wish we had a track in hawaii

Proud Papa of the R6 Forum...Respect Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 05:02 PM
I eat my R6

talk about foot positioning... i learned riding on my own so whenever i ride the footpegs were in the middle of my foot (for quick shifting). I know it's not correct so i have to still learn a lot. But then after thorough reading, everyone said to ride with the ball of your foot. now my question is even on street riding (where you shift often) do you really need to ride on the ball of your foot? what if you need to shift often due to traffic? plus do you put the weight more on the footpegs, like shift weights on the footpeg opposite the lean....can't remember but i read this from somewhere.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_o
talk about foot positioning... i learned riding on my own so whenever i ride the footpegs were in the middle of my foot (for quick shifting). I know it's not correct so i have to still learn a lot. But then after thorough reading, everyone said to ride with the ball of your foot. now my question is even on street riding (where you shift often) do you really need to ride on the ball of your foot? what if you need to shift often due to traffic? plus do you put the weight more on the footpegs, like shift weights on the footpeg opposite the lean....can't remember but i read this from somewhere.
Track-ball of your foot.

Street-heels(no need to drag your knees...enjoy the ride).

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Dragging Knee

Bike: Blue 2006 R6
Send a message via AIM to mojo

Overall fairly good body positioning. The only big issue is like you mentioned is your foot positioning. Seems like you have most of the fundamentals down looks like your doing a fairly good job of looking through the corner.

Also you might want to remove those peg feelers as it will scare the crap out of you and tear up the track the first time you drag those bad boys.

Blue because it is faster.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo
Overall fairly good body positioning. The only big issue is like you mentioned is your foot positioning. Seems like you have most of the fundamentals down looks like your doing a fairly good job of looking through the corner.

Also you might want to remove those peg feelers as it will scare the crap out of you and tear up the track the first time you drag those bad boys.
Yeah, that happened to me on my 2nd track day. Scrape the toe slider and feeler. First I sh*t'd my suit, then stood the bike up and ran off the track. Thank goodness for runoffs.

Keep looking through the turn and as far down the track as you can, have fun.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Do or do not...

Bike: 2005 R6
Send a message via AIM to UNDATC Send a message via MSN to UNDATC Send a message via Yahoo to UNDATC

Ok, so I'm fairly naive when it comes to track stuff, but its my goal to get to a track one day. But what is the ideology behind riding with the balls of your feet on the peg vs another part?

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 07:00 PM

When you get some more experience on the street, you might encounter the problem some day during a sharp turn. You will feel your foot dragging the ground. The ball of your foot on the peg prevents your foot from getting hit and possibly upsetting your turn. In other words, it helps to not cause any pain, and prevent you from wrecking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in