foot placement... - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 r6
Send a message via MSN to Maplesyrup
foot placement...

where do you guys place your feet, or I guess what position while riding, I seem to have gotten in the habit to ride on my toes. Like keep my toes on the pegs, this gives me more room to slide back in the seat and seems more stable. Anybody else do this, If I have the foot midway onto the peg my seating position is way off and i'm always up against the tank, im 6'1 long legs....any thoughts?

Yer typical oilpatch worker...yummm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Hate the 405

Bike: 07 R^6, 05CBR1k Repsol
Re: foot placement...

im 6'3, i do the same on my toas, because its easier to position urself on the seat, easier to move, and if you have to get ur arse off the seat. I see some people have their heel on the pegs, i tried it but it just does not feel stable. Also on the freeway i like to have my arse off the seat so i dont get as much vibration, so i am not 100% on the seat, instead keep my arse off the seat by supporting myself on my legs.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

yeah the only thing is when i have to shift i pretty much have to sit back up onto the bike to get my foot under the shifter...are you having any issues there? so what im saying is when im fully tucked i cant get my foot under the shifter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 01:20 PM
I eat my R6

I'm 5'8" and think I ride with the balls of me feet on the pegs. I am experiencing no issues with shifting at all.

|
|
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

this is what i have trouble with...sorry for sketch but just to get a better view of what i do...and yes i realised i did a right foot, ah you get the idea...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Maplesyrup; 07-03-2007 at 01:46 PM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Dragging Knee

Bike: Blue 2006 R6
Send a message via AIM to mojo

The proper technique for riding is your supposed to be on your toes close to the balls of your feet. This way you can more easily maneuver your bike and your feet don't get between you and the ground.

Blue because it is faster.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 08:07 PM
I eat my R6

does that mean whenever you need to shift you need to move your ball of foot forward to shift then back to pegs again? this is a pain specially in city riding.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

well around city im fine because i dont tuck then...so i can still ride with toes on peg and shift when i need to...its just when i go tuck.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 01:10 AM
Dragging Knee

Bike: Blue 2006 R6
Send a message via AIM to mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_o
does that mean whenever you need to shift you need to move your ball of foot forward to shift then back to pegs again? this is a pain specially in city riding.
City riding is a bit different than canyon carving or the track. As the positioning for the track and canyons keeps you from accidently putting control inputs in mid corner as well as getting your feet caught between the bike and the ground and allows for quick transitions.

For me it has become a habit to have my toes on the pegs and I don't think about anymore. Sometimes you may need to modify this riding style when in heavy traffic.

Blue because it is faster.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

cool thanks mojo..I will see if i can raise up my shifter lever so i dont have to bend my foot down so much to get under it but just slide it forward

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in